Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Mustang GT Track Pack 5.0 w E-force & 6 spd
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 13 GT Track Pack with an E-Force supercharger. Currently 600RWP and looking to add more power in the near future.
I am currently buying parts to swap over to a Calimer Stage 3 Trans and Carbon Fiber driveshaft, am trying to pinpoint the best clutch setup for me.
This is mostly a street driven car and I am trying to keep the best drivability I can. I may take it to the strip 4 or 5 times a year at most (mainly just fun test and tune days). I like to overbuild my cars instead of pushing everything to the limit all the time and breaking all the time.
Looking for real world advice/comparisons/etc for the right clutch kit. I have read up on Mantic and the McLeods a good bit, not real familiar with many of the others. I have been out of this stuff for close to 15 years lol The last fast car I had was an 88 GT with a 408 Stroked windsor with an AEM computer ;) I had a Spec Stage 3 in that car back then and back then that was a top notch clutch setup. It seems like a totally different world today with names that I have no experience with.
Thanks in Advance!

·
Registered
1985 Mustang GT
44 Posts
Mantic. RST would be okay as well. I would call Ben and see what he recommends for it personally, he built it he knows what it wants.

·
Registered
230 Posts
It blows my mind people never recommend it, I know its fairly new but I can tell you right now its the nicest clutch Ive ever seen or felt in car. I have the Tilton twin disc ST-246. They rate their clutches by torque which in the correct way to do it after talking with Tilton and they described why it made a lot more sense. On top of this the lower of the two clutches is under rated at 800ft/lbs and the guy told me they have cars right now running 1200hp on the clutch and it doesnt skip a beat in am entire season of racing and being beat on. The higher rated discs he said they had a supra that runs one with 1600hp.

When it came in, you can tell the difference, Ive had ram, centerforce, mcleod rst and rxt. This isnt even on the same level plus it comes with its own chromoly flywheel. The engagement/disengagement is so smooth its unreal.

·
Registered
2013 Mustang GT Track Pack 5.0 w E-force & 6 spd
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you have the organic 850 version or the solid ceramic 1250 version??
My last street strip car was back in 2005 and the ceramics were just getting real popular. I put a Spec Stage 3 full ceramic in that car and it was "grabby" when driving around town. Back then it was sacrifice but today I dont want to sacrifice the niceness of the overall ride/drive if I dont absolutely have to! lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts