Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 89 lx i put new upper control arms in and strange shocks. i have moroso rear springs comming and i was wondering the best rear lower control arm... ive seen lift bars.. adjustable spring perchs, raction bar style and just solid one..

·
Registered
4,154 Posts
Tell us more about the car. Street, race, street/strip, how fast, tranny, etc.

KS

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its a 89 mustang with a 351w pretty stock with a rpm edelbrock intake and 670 carb.. will have a c-4 in it.. havent had a chance to run it but the car ran 14 flat with the 302 and 5 speed. motor ran 13.80's in a 95 mustang. its a drag car strictly...

·
Registered
195 Posts
If your wallet is big try some wolf race craft. best stuff money can buy. on the lower mid range upr stuff is nice

·
Registered
132 Posts
I would try some TRZmotorports adjustable uppers and lowers. These control arms are fantastic. They have been on 15 seconds cars all the way to single digit cars. Check out their website www.trzmotorsports.com, they have pics. If you call them talk to Mike Brash and tell him I sent you, he should hook you up.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i ended up getting a good deal on a used set of upr's but i didnt pay attention and forgot abotu the sway bar mounts as these dont have any so i guess i either dont use them or have to go to a anti roll bar.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Should have gone with Kevin, his stuff is awesome. UPR sucks IMO. You don't need a rear sway bar, save your nickels and dimes and get the whole shebang from Kevin at Baselinesuspensions.com.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Should have gone with Kevin, his stuff is awesome. UPR sucks IMO. You don't need a rear sway bar, save your nickels and dimes and get the whole shebang from Kevin at Baselinesuspensions.com.
x1000! I've got his uppers w/Metco lowers. Made close to 20 passes already and it just keeps on getting quicker out of the hole. I'm down to 1.60 in my sixty foot, can't wait to see a 1.5x!
And this is on a track that has no traction compound (VHT)!

Any suggestions Kevin?

·
Registered
7,198 Posts
Another vote for Baseline...I went from 1.70's 60' on a radial (low 11 car) to 1.60 flat on the same tire with nothing other than his upper control arm kit.

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts