Ford Mustang Forums banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
What compression are you after? This other kit has .030" pistons, and the same 6cc dished piston
Probably 10:5:1 max. Plan on running 91 non oxygenated fuel.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
why not jsut get the .030 over kit if you are worried about it?

reason i went .040 is because the block is really rusty sitting in a shed because i delayed this build too long and i suspect they might need to go to .040 over. thats what happened to the 351w block when i did my 408. tho that block sat for 5 years in the shed, my 302 block is less than a year
Thanks I didn't see that. Just not sure if this is a good kit? I like that it's complete.

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Thanks I didn't see that. Just not sure if this is a good kit? I like that it's complete.

Most of the parts are okay. A few of them I wouldn't use, but nothing that rings alarms. And, if you have a decent balance guy local, I'd have them skip that part....if you'll pardon the pun.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Most of the parts are okay. A few of them I wouldn't use, but nothing that rings alarms. And, if you have a decent balance guy local, I'd have them skip that part....if you'll pardon the pun.
Thanks for the help! I do have a decent local machine shop that can balance everything.

Maybe I'll just buy the stroker kit and buy balancer and flywheel separate.

Any recommendations on where or who to buy a scat 347 stroker kit from?

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Thanks for the help! I do have a decent local machine shop that can balance everything.

Maybe I'll just buy the stroker kit and buy balancer and flywheel separate.

Any recommendations on where or who to buy a scat 347 stroker kit from?

Thanks.

Any Scat dealer. Me, Jim, probably a few more on here. Scat does use Icon forged pistons in their cheapest kits. I'd rather see you use a little better parts. That -11.00cc flat top Icon will eat about a half point of compression. I've been making pistons for 40 years, and I'm not even sure how you make a flat-top with a -11.0ccs...never mind why.

·
Registered
60 Posts

LOL. Was, $799, now $899, save -13% !!! WTF.

I was eyeballing that kit. Looks like they're simply reselling it so hopefully not able to screw it up. Says Probe pistons. Even at $899 it's not a bad price unless I am missing something. Or should AD just be totally avoided now, even as parts slingers?

·
Registered
4,095 Posts

LOL. Was, $799, now $899, save -13% !!! WTF.

I was eyeballing that kit. Looks like they're simply reselling it so hopefully not able to screw it up. Says Probe pistons. Even at $899 it's not a bad price unless I am missing something. Or should AD just be totally avoided now, even as parts slingers?
They haven't changed their add in about 6 years....and they don't have any Probe pistons.

And there are no $899 kits any more. Not even close.

·
Old timer
6,171 Posts
They haven't changed their add in about 6 years....and they don't have any Probe pistons.

I think Brian is making a lot more money selling to those Porsche guys...

·
Registered
60 Posts

It's weird that the price would go up $100 in the last month. Somebody is changing the price of non-existent products?

I'm tempted to buy it with PayPal (for the purchase protection) just to see what happens. Morbid curiosity.

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
It's weird that the price would go up $100 in the last month. Somebody is changing the price of non-existent products?

I'm tempted to buy it with PayPal (for the purchase protection) just to see what happens. Morbid curiosity.
Go for it.

If they bought that same Probe pistons today, they'd lose about 600.00 on the kit.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I don't think I will. It's just bizarre that the price would go up, recently, on a product they don't have. If that hadn't happened I wouldn't have thought this much about it.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
ya i was looking at that kit for several months tho i knew it was far more compression than i could use. but i did notice the price go up. also it says balancing in the description for 175$ but the option says 196.90$. some of thier other kits show balancing for 299$ while other show 175$. im wondering if they would honor that price if placed or call up saying something like 'due to covid' or 'parts unavailable' or something tro try and get out of it.

when i made this thread i sent an email asking about what cc dish pistons they had to make my compression ratio right. never heard back. i would say that a sub-$1k assembly sounds pretty juicy and why i was looking at them. but i think going with Marks kit he is put together for me will be the best bet, even if it was more than i originally wanted to pay. he is at least able to be gotten ahold of. but i gotta say, at some point hopefully this year i plan on ordering a cast 408 and $1200 kit is pretty appealing from AD.

what is the deal with CHP? most of thier kits say they still use Probe but i recall Mark saying they dont use Probe. it seems a good number of people have used CHP in the past. they no good anymore either?

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
I don't think I will. It's just bizarre that the price would go up, recently, on a product they don't have. If that hadn't happened I wouldn't have thought this much about it.
I don't know what the cast piston kits cost because I never swam in that pool, but I just punched up the cost of a 347 kit using a cast crank, ProStock rods and Wiseco flatops and the cost to me is over 899.00, and the prices are rising fast.

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
ya i was looking at that kit for several months tho i knew it was far more compression than i could use. but i did notice the price go up. also it says balancing in the description for 175$ but the option says 196.90$. some of thier other kits show balancing for 299$ while other show 175$. im wondering if they would honor that price if placed or call up saying something like 'due to covid' or 'parts unavailable' or something tro try and get out of it.

when i made this thread i sent an email asking about what cc dish pistons they had to make my compression ratio right. never heard back. i would say that a sub-$1k assembly sounds pretty juicy and why i was looking at them. but i think going with Marks kit he is put together for me will be the best bet, even if it was more than i originally wanted to pay. he is at least able to be gotten ahold of. but i gotta say, at some point hopefully this year i plan on ordering a cast 408 and $1200 kit is pretty appealing from AD.

what is the deal with CHP? most of thier kits say they still use Probe but i recall Mark saying they dont use Probe. it seems a good number of people have used CHP in the past. they no good anymore either?
When Toby left CHP all changes to the website stopped. Toby is the other half of me now. It is essentially the same site I left them in 2015. Too bad. I spent almost 125K setting that up.

I think they're focusing on Instagram and billet valve covers these days.

Oh...and I'm sad to say that our company motto: "We'll call you back' is the #1 reason people buy from us.

41 - 58 of 58 Posts