Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about this setup for the rear of my Stang..

15x9" Pro- Stars
5.5" Back spacing
275/50R15 BFG drag radials

What do you think?

Where is the best place to buy the tires and wheels?

Thanks in advance,
Jeff

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Prostars don't come in 9" widths. 8 and 10 only.

But Jegs will be the cheapest around, and the quickest delivery on them. Jegs and Summit will price match, so whoever you choose, they will honor it.

I have always ordered my rims from them, and they have them here the next day. At the best prices.

joe

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm, that sounds great Joe.

So do you suggest the 8" or 10" rims for that tire?

I'm planning on ordering the BFGs from TireRack. I've had good service from them before.

Jeff

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Like Joe said...15X8 5.5" BS is a perfect fit. (I also measured the BS on mine to be sure i got what i ordered) It puts the center of the wheel exactly where you want it in the wheel well.

The 275X50X15 BFG Dr is a big tire, and measures almost the same section width, and tread width as the ET Street 11.5X26X15. The 15X8 which is kinda a narrow wheel wide tire combo gives better sidewall absorbtion, and keeps the tread area flat at low pressure for drag racing. (Per the advice of the BFG drag racing dept) Bob cosby uses 15X8.5 and we all know his times.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
RavenGT said:
Prostars don't come in 9" widths. 8 and 10 only.
Unless you count the XPs which DO come in 15x9, but they are pricey...suggested retail is $252. And I'm not sure who retails them. Also, the lugs are different too.

http://www.weldracing.com/ProStarXP.html

·
Registered
90 Posts
weld draglites

You can get the Weld Racing Draglite 15 x 9 x 4-1/2" BC, 5-1/2" BS, from Summit for 169.95.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
RavenGT said:
Yeah, and the MB Motoring Riceoholic model comes in 15 x 9 with a 104mm BS also! Thats not what he was asking for though.
Not sure what you mean...

Prostar XPs are still prostars and match better than Bogarts... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
JAY-ZUS...touchy, touchy. I thought nailpounder posted a cost for the PROSTAR XPs not the DRAGLITES. SORRY!!! I understand what you mean now.

I was just kidding about the bogarts...just since I know you have a set and use them and use them with the prostars for the street. I know welds DO NOT come close bogarts on quality, etc. I'd own a set IF I could afford 'em. I'll keep the kidding to people I "know" here.

And congrats on the C5 purchase.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts