Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, been awhile since I posted. Okay, it's been like forever.:p

Anyway, I'm going to be ordering the SVO Hi-Flo heads and SVO Hi-Flo Intake for my car within the next few months, and I wanted to get them port and polish matched before I got them put on.

Anyone have any recommendations for a shop in Houston?

Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
38 Posts
Probably a highly subjective area of discussion. But having had good and bad experience in this area, I've personally found GTP (Galant Technical Performance) to do excellent work.

The owner (Craig Galant) is highly experienced and does serious work. So this isn't one of those stage I, II & III head shops. They work with you to determine your needs then port your heads to suit the application.

I have an old card which lists the number as 713-266-1320.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Like everyone else said contact TheGame. He knows more about 4.6's than FORD does!! Also a price that you can't beat.

John

·
Registered
112 Posts
I personally would recommend Houston performance. Steve has always worked with me and my car and one of the most knowledgable guys I've met and dealt with the modular engines.
Craig

·
Registered
678 Posts
Not Craig but know him very well, He has a Stock Shortblock in his car. To the originator of this post, I suggest you look at Performance and results when deciding who to go with. I know Craig has worked a long way to get where he is today but I also know after his 1st Dyno tune he was over 300RWHP. Im over 300RWHP myself but my guy is super slow( Very Slow, Hard to get ahold of, Never returns your calls slow) In my case its worth the hassle because I feel when my car is complete it will be very low 12s/high 11s.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
stroked or blown? said:
SD Wheeler = TheGame = DTA Racing....832-556-0441. he will charge $400 for p&p on the heads and $250 for the intake. try to beat that price.
Thanks, I will make sure to give him a call as well.

So, it sounds like pretty much either HP or DTA Racing. Hmmm... HP is a lot closer....

Thanks guys, I will let you know who I decide to go with.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts