Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats the best MAF for a blown 99+ 2v w/ built shortblock making about 12-14lbs of boost? I had a lightning 80mm MAF and it was good with my procharger setup, although im putting on a vortech probably. Would the new 90mm Lightning MAF be good? Or simply a pro-m? Thanks guys

-Adam

·
Registered
150 Posts
I have used a proM 80, a JMS modified stocker, and now use a lightning 90mm. The ProM worked fine, with some surge at throttle tip in and an irratic idle. Mine had to be properly shielded from turbulent air or would stall at closed throttle/coast down. The JMS modded stock one idled fine and had very little surge but was pegged at below 5000 rpm according to my autotap logs. The Lightning 90 idles great but mine seems to peg at about 5800rpm which is about 450hp, according to autotap. There is also quite a bit of surging at throttle tip in that is noticable in 1st and 2nd gear. I can drive around it, but it is there. The K&N filter mount that ataches to the MAF is too small and blocks the MAF opening by about 1/4" all the way around. I am having a new filter mount made and will then try to have the surge tuned out. It may be caused by the mount and filter being too small. I thing the lightning is the one to use as I think I will solve the surge and it really does not peg until you are at max hp. Here is a pic of the lightning compared to my JMS modded stocker

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Mello, since you are IC's why not try what Jim V and some of the others are running on thier Procharger. The Univer blow thru.

I am sure we had the conversation before, but Larrocca could not solve my idle issues with the draw thru, but when he put the blow thru on, it cleaned up all surging and idling issues. The univer is light years past the standard 80mm in blow thru config.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I always thought the Pro-M 77 was the staple for all boosted GT's. At least this discussion isn't about bloody spark plugs.
:)
Pardon my poor attitude.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Adam,

I have the Pro M 77 mm and 42#'s injectors with my Strim...The meter still is not pegged at 600rwhp.

Im going to a stand alone computer next week so Im removing the mass and injectors and going with 160#'s..

If you want my setup..Email me..

Tim

·
Registered
150 Posts
RedGTvert said:
Mello, since you are IC's why not try what Jim V and some of the others are running on thier Procharger. The Univer blow thru.

I am sure we had the conversation before, but Larrocca could not solve my idle issues with the draw thru, but when he put the blow thru on, it cleaned up all surging and idling issues. The univer is light years past the standard 80mm in blow thru config.
Yeah, I was thinking about that. The Lightning MAF idles perfectly and I want to try to work out the slight surge at throttle tip in. If I can't easly solve it, I may switch over to a blow thru. I also have a ProM 77 calibrated for my 42's sitting in a box that I have never tried..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts