Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm currently running a victor 5.0 but not really using the capabilities of the high rpm manifold. I'm shifting at 6200 now and was wondering what you guys are using for manifolds. Car made 402rwhp at 7 psi. Been a best so far a 10.6 on 7 psi on pump gas. Didn't know if a systemax would be a better bet or a efi spider or something.

·
Registered
448 Posts
there's an article somewhere i think it's on muscle mustangs site where they did a comparison of like 15 intakes. The Trick Flow stuff made the most power in street, strip and race. I'm pretty sure the street heat made the most out of the street intakes at like 500 to the tire and pretty close to that in tq. The R series upper smashed the other ones on the same car too. I had a Downs upper with a ported gt 40 lower and swapped back to my street heat and the car picked up 35hp at the tire. I have a stock bottom with tw185 heads and a stage 1 cam with 12 psi. I picked up over 40 lb ft on the bottom too. Just my .02

·
Registered
994 Posts
I had a TFS Street Heat and now I have a Victor EFI milled down to get the port alignment in check with my TFS TW170's. I don't have any dyno numbers on either, however my butt-o-meter shows no difference between them at all. Even the off-idle torque feels the same. The only differences I have noted so far is that the Victor looks waaaaaay better and takes up lot less space under the hood. The access to the valve covers, injectors, and clutch cable adjuster are also much better with the Victor. Taking the plenum off the Victor is much easier too. The back bolts on the Street Heat are buried.

·
Registered
448 Posts
That's why they invented stubby wrenches! jk man I have studs on the 4 shorts and the 2 long ones are arp bolts and they are a lil tricky but for as little as the plenum is off it's worth it in my opinion.

·
Registered
994 Posts
That's why they invented stubby wrenches! jk man I have studs on the 4 shorts and the 2 long ones are arp bolts and they are a lil tricky but for as little as the plenum is off it's worth it in my opinion.
I had TFS' stud kit on mine too with their 12 point nuts. And a stubby wrench was the only thing that would fit on it as a socket would hit the runner. But my crab arms didn't fit back there too well. :rofl:

I can get to all the bolts on my Victor's plenum with my air rachet and a 1/2" deep socket. Taking it off literally takes two minutes. And it isn't even really necessary for valve cover access. The clutch access was what I really like. All kinds of room to get to my adjuster now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts