Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally had my car dynod and it made some good power but my rpm range is very low and I'd like to raise it up to around 5500 or 6000. My set up is a 363 fully forged 603 lift custom cam. 78mm turbo. 80lb injectors afr165 heads and a trick flow street burner intake..i know the heads are small for this set up but they are staying on for now but not sure if I should run a victor efi intake or a carb style intake. I'm not planning on going over 6k with it. Car layed down 640hp at 4350 rpm and 820 tq around 4000. Then tapered down from there. This was at 14psi boost.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Trick flow or Edelbrock Performer2 would be best but will not make hardly any difference since the heads don't flow much and are causing boost levels to rise, have buddies with 363 and similar sized turbo but larger heads ports making 850+ at the same boost level as you. BTW my 363 made 868 at 6000 rpm and 15# boost. Heads are 205 renegades and 616 solid roller. Also made 1181 at 7200 and 22# boost.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I kinda think my heads are the bigger restriction but my tuner seemed to think swapping intakes would dramatically help and would raise hp to 700 or so and lower some torque at the same boost level. I definitely want to get a set of 205s but I'm running low on cash after this build. Also my tuner was starting to get nervous because of how high the torque was and recommended that I don't raise boost?

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Your current top end would support a 302 well. I personally wouldnt change the intake until you could do both heads and intake. Then re-visit the Dyno.

·
Registered
7,628 Posts
custom turbo cam?

what size exhaust housing on that turbo?

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Same thing everyone else has been saying. Sorry to pile on. Save up for better heads.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes the cam was degreed...only possibilities I think it can be are the heads,intake or valve float maybe? Not breaking up tho. Mass air was reading 4.1volts i want to first swap intakes then do heads next year.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Nervous of torque getting high? Why?

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Cracking that block.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm not sure what he meant about the torque being so high and making him nervous...he seemed to think it was very high for pump gas and was talking about cylinder pressure being very high???...i was a little confused myself. This guy has been tuning mustangs for.over 20 years and very reputable in the area tho.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
You mentioned 820 tq on the dyno. What kind of block are you running?

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Sorry, I thought you were running a factory block.

·
Registered
588 Posts
I can't imagine fear of cracking dart block at only 820. Even if it is only a shp 8.2.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts