Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes I know another thread on this but I got cometics and I'm leaking water and don't want to deal with resurfacing the block or heads. I'm just running 5psi maybe 8 with a spring change so maybe the cometics are a little over kill. I've seen the other threads mention 9333pt1, 1011-1, and 8548pt2's but haven't really seen a solid answer. Any help would be great and also they would be under some AFR 185's.

·
Registered
747 Posts
well sence you have to pull the heads spend the $40 to surface the heads and you can check that off your list as possible problems. then use a stright edge and a feller gauge and check the block. if its no good then dont waist you time or money to just throw some gaskets on that will pop in under a month. but if all is well some Fel Pro MLS gaskets will be more then enough to hold 5psi. but make sure you put some studs in the heads while your at it. Spend more now, save lots latter!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well sence you have to pull the heads spend the $40 to surface the heads and you can check that off your list as possible problems. then use a stright edge and a feller gauge and check the block. if its no good then dont waist you time or money to just throw some gaskets on that will pop in under a month. but if all is well some Fel Pro MLS gaskets will be more then enough to hold 5psi. but make sure you put some studs in the heads while your at it. Spend more now, save lots latter!
Well i already have studs, but probably going to have to resurface them...

Thanks for the response.

·
Registered
939 Posts
On my 360w i'm seeing 8psi with the felpro 1011-1's and no problems!My problem is the god dam blow by issue!

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Made 500rwhp on a stock 92 shortblock with 9333s.

If its "only" 5psi then you'll be fine with the $30 gaskets like the 8548 and the 9333s.
I would advise against the 1011s as I've seen them blow apart much sooner than the graphite ones. Seems they don't have as much give when heads have been surfaced enough to cause potential warpage (IMO out past .040" on gt40 heads and slightly more on e7s.) but your AFRs should have plenty of meat

·
Registered
279 Posts
+3 on the 9333's

1 - 7 of 7 Posts