Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm ordering an MM panhard bar this week. I'd like to do a diff cover at the same time.

I've been looking at the LPW piece. Claims to be the lowest profile and strongest on the market. Is this a good choice or am I better off with a different brand?

·
Registered
75 Posts
just put a ford racing one for 05 up stangs on my 95 with MM panhard. It is pricey but fits with plenty of clearance.

·
Registered
5,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yikes!!

I'm assuming the LPW is lower profile than the T/A?

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Well, the offer low profile and super low profile ones on their site. I would assume it's thinner.

·
Registered
5,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, the offer low profile and super low profile ones on their site. I would assume it's thinner.
Yeah, saw that.

The ultra low versions shows as being for 05'-up Mustangs. Will that still fit a Fox 8.8?

·
Registered
5,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
RATATK says it works.
Thanks, I obviously need a stronger prescription for my contacts.

I'm in the process of ordering up the MM panhard, LPW cover and a set of full length MM frame connectors to replace my old-school Steeda versions.

·
Registered
5,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Is a stronger dif cover worth it? What are the realized benefits of running one?

-Supposedly provides main cap support for the diff bearings. Prevents them from walking around under load.

-The cover also becomes an integral part of the rear end housing and prevents it from distorting under load.

-Easier access to the fill/drain plugs and increased fluid capacity.

-And....... It looks really cool.

Whether or not the covers do what they claim is unknown to me. However, they aren't terribly expensive, around $143, and I just wanted to get it done at the same time as the panhard.

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
-Supposedly provides main cap support for the diff bearings. Prevents them from walking around under load.

-The cover also becomes an integral part of the rear end housing and prevents it from distorting under load.

-Easier access to the fill/drain plugs and increased fluid capacity.

-And....... It looks really cool.

Whether or not the covers do what they claim is unknown to me. However, they aren't terribly expensive, around $143, and I just wanted to get it done at the same time as the panhard.

I'm not bashing just curious. This isn't something that I had looked at. I assumed that it was done primarily for the "bling" factor. The ease of access for fluid changes and added capacity is a plus. I wasn't aware that your first point was a factor with the 8.8. I might look into that when I start working on mine.

·
Registered
5,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm not bashing just curious. This isn't something that I had looked at. I assumed that it was done primarily for the "bling" factor. The ease of access for fluid changes and added capacity is a plus. I wasn't aware that your first point was a factor with the 8.8. I might look into that when I start working on mine.
No worries, I didn't assume at all that you were bashing.

And yes, the claimed advantages of these covers seems to make sense. Cheap insurance if they do work.

·
Premium Member
3,569 Posts
I used a SVO one with my MM panhard. I had to grind the face down to clear the bar. It took about an hour of testing and grinding and testing and grinding. I have another cover that I am going to mill down instead of using a grinder for asthetics but the one I have now clears and works.

·
Formerly BLOWN1989SALEEN
5,755 Posts
my TA cover clears my PHB

·
Registered
190 Posts
I have the FRPP cover and it clears. You just have to make sure the TA cover is installed first AND THEN install the PH bar. Also make sure the PH bar is intalled as far rearward as you can, for additional clearance.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I have the FRPP cover and it clears. You just have to make sure the TA cover is installed first AND THEN install the PH bar. Also make sure the PH bar is intalled as far rearward as you can, for additional clearance.
This is how I installed mine, rear end with TA cover...then the panhard bar went in.

·
Registered
5,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks everyone. I ordered the LPW extra low profile cover and MM panhard last night.

·
Registered
190 Posts
No it only comes close on full compression. You will need to remove the alum bar that attaches the axle to the Panhard bar, but that is only 2 bolts. Then just jack the car up and put jackstands under the frame and let the axle droop and if there still isnt enough room, unbolt the shocks.

Chris

1 - 20 of 24 Posts