Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I know I want a 6.0 & L92 heads, is there a certian model & year I should be looking for?
I should ask the same about the T-56 as well.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I believe the cheapest and most reliable you be the LQ4. Dont think that year matters so much. Also check out WCCH for your l92 heads. Hear they do up a pretty nice set.

·
Registered
3,300 Posts
try to get a 2000 or newer the older then 2000 models have a different crank flange and it cause issues , if possible get one from a Cadillac esclade they have the l92 head on them already and the block is alumin but are pricey

·
Registered
9 Posts
LQ4 is cheaper, but is only 9.4 to 1 compression. the LQ9 is more expensive but is 10 to 1. Depends on what you are going to do with it.

·
Premium Member
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Depends on what you are going to do with it.
Hell I don't even know any more...:confused:
1)Don't think "big oil" is going to ever let us see $2.50 or less per gallon again.
2)Want to drive the wagon any where, any time. On pump gas.
3) #1 & #2 means a T-56 makes the most sense, but...
4)Where I live, it's Rod Runs or 1/8th mile track. Would be content with 7s in an actual street car (see #2), but to be remotely serious about it means an automatic would make the most sense...
5) Yes. 7s in the 1/8th are slow. But it would just be easier to become "dead nuts" consistant.

:curses::curses::curses: This is why none of my projects actually happen! I "plan" them to death, 7 different ways, till I'm crazy, then end up selling... I'm sick of it!

·
Registered
754 Posts
try to get a 2000 or newer the older then 2000 models have a different crank flange and it cause issues , if possible get one from a Cadillac esclade they have the l92 head on them already and the block is alumin but are pricey

any certain years to look for with the escalade?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts