Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If belt slip is present, which pulley is more than likely the culprit? Crank or Supercharger? Or are both equally likely to slip?

·
Premium Member
2,361 Posts
The S/C pulley because it is the smallest in diameter and thus has less contact surface area than the crank. Also the S/C is the biggest load on the belt.

·
Registered
970 Posts
best to go with a larger lower so that you can also go with a larger upper, benefiting from more surface area on both.

·
Registered
5,104 Posts
The actual cause of the belt slip isn't the pullies, it's the tensioner. I found this out the hard way. The right tensioner can eliminate all slip in many cases - basically, under 1,000 hp and at least an 8 rib belt, if you have belt slip look into the tensioner. I have no direct experience above that number, but I suspect you can go higher.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What is a good tensioner to get? I just have the stock vortech tensioner that you tighten with 1/2 drive ratchet

The actual cause of the belt slip isn't the pullies, it's the tensioner. I found this out the hard way. The right tensioner can eliminate all slip in many cases - basically, under 1,000 hp and at least an 8 rib belt, if you have belt slip look into the tensioner. I have no direct experience above that number, but I suspect you can go higher.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts