Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Mine belt replacement stopped when I quit gaining weight. I've been wearing this belt for the last 3 years. It's a little worn, but it still fits around my waist. If I can stay away from BarBQue ribs this summer, it may last another year (although the buckle is getting a little bit tarnished).

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You all misunderstood me...I meant my martial art belts.

J/K

My bloody serpentine belt gets warped, causes my idler pulley to squeak due to the wobble. I changed the belt before and badda boom badda bing..no squeak.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Northwest, that's a good point, when I installed the pulleys I might have overtightened or undertightened a section of bolts. Could it just be from agressive driving. When I race, my cars front end goes up pretty high in the air..not off the ground though. I would think this puts alot of stress on the belt.

Snakebit, there are over a million comedians out of work.
:p

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
esandes said:
Snakebit, there are over a million comedians out of work.
:p
"Comedian". Thanks. People usually just call me a "Friggin Clown".

It sounds to me like you have a pulley out of alignment to cause your belt to warp. Try sighting the pully alignment from the side of the car. Do it when the engine is running and look for a wobble in one of the puleys. My money's on the crank or alternator pulley.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts