Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been a while…..

Been a while since I’ve posted about some of the cool local cars in the area. Went to a track rental the other day, and this one IMO was definitely worth mentioning.

306 stock block, GT40X heads, Edelbrock Performer RPM2 manifold, S-trim 6.87 crank 3.33 blower pulley. Factory computer using FMU for fuel and BTM for timing. Very cool and old school.

Best pass [email protected] just touching the limiter through the lights.

Here is an in car view.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Been a while…..

Been a while since I’ve posted about some of the cool local cars in the area. Went to a track rental the other day, and this one IMO was definitely worth mentioning.

306 stock block, GT40X heads, Edelbrock Performer RPM2 manifold, S-trim 6.87 crank 3.33 blower pulley. Factory computer using FMU for fuel and BTM for timing. Very cool and old school.

Best pass [email protected] just touching the limiter through the lights.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NP5l6HGLnKk

Here is an in car view.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSgKP2mwLyo
Wow...I saw the video of that car on your Youtube, but had no idea the setup was that simple! I had that exact setup before my current one and it ran good, but nowhere near 134mph! Very impressive.

·
Premium Member
5,704 Posts
306 stock block, GT40X heads, Edelbrock Performer RPM2 manifold, S-trim 6.87 crank 3.33 blower pulley. Factory computer using FMU for fuel and BTM for timing. Best pass [email protected]
Get the "Puck" outta here, I never would of believed it. That's crazy MPH for those parts and the driver is rowing that tranny pretty good. But there has to be more to the story here. Compression, vehicle weight, type of gasoline, camshaft specs, anything else you can tell us about this car. In the end, I'm impressed with the stuff you're always associated with..........fast cars.

Thanks
Michael Plummer

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Get the "Puck" outta here, I never would of believed it. That's crazy MPH for those parts and the driver is rowing that tranny pretty good. But there has to be more to the story here. Compression, vehicle weight, type of gasoline, camshaft specs, anything else you can tell us about this car. In the end, I'm impressed with the stuff you're always associated with..........fast cars.

Thanks
Michael Plummer
Very simple set up. Stock crank, piston and rod, DSS piston, somewhere in the 8.7-8.8 area for compression, never weighed the car from when I know, guessing in the 3200 area give or take a few pounds. Car was run on 110 race gas, no meth. Camshaft is a small HR cam, Don’t remember the exact specs but nothing to large :wink2:. We had an extender with us just in case, and I would have loved to see how a few hundred more rpm would have helped it, but figured we were already pushing the short block as it was and didn’t want to get to greedy.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I remember those days, when things were simpler. I still have an old school car like that. Similar combo, first edition Performer, first edition Novi 2000, Fox Lake Canfields, Pro M 77, BTM, Extender, FMU, with a c4. And alot of LaRocca advice. Ran a little quicker, and alot heavier. It's for sale if any of you old school fellows want it. Lol.

·
Registered
5,104 Posts
That is very retro. Nice. The race gas is a big part of the mix, no doubt. I'd be thrilled with that slip and pull it back. That block isn't going to last long; it already sounds a little off going down track - it bogs, pulls then bogs and pulls again - BTM? FMU? Hopefully he trailers it to the track. The only thing that kept my stocker from spewing all over the track when it split was the girdle. Not to detract from the accomplishment, but it's going to break. Hopefully he doesn't get hurt when it does. It's like 1995 all over again. Thanks for posting!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts