Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been a while since I've been on here. I'm running a 331 with a Zex system with a Nitrious Express plate. Best in SoCal was a [email protected] I moved to Salt Lake City Utah & ran a [email protected] in 2014. Took some time to work on little things up here to finally run some solid et's up here. Ran a best of [email protected] in 2016 & then [email protected] in 2017. I burned a head gasket, head, & a valve last year; along with several other issues/failures. I ran into issues for most of the year; car launched & fell on it's face..... slowly recovered & made lousy passes for far to long. Anyway, i feel I have the issue licked; fuel flow from the 340lph pump hindered by amperage draw. bought a new gas tank(my baffle is broken) , 340lph stealth pump, & wiring harness w/relay. I've ported the Edelbrock RPMII intake, & waiting for the Meziere electric water pump to arrive tomorrow. I expect the car to run ten's now up here in Salt Lake City Utah @ 4,400ft. The only possible complication could be that my maf & injector sizing is now to small..... Looking to find out with the 150 shot...... We'll see.... :) Ported the intake & jazzed up the exterior finish.... 1st try & it came out okay......

Attachments

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've always been impressed with your cars. I remember your old blue coupe back from the street legals in Fontana, That little car ran good.
Thanks. Yeah, "Patches" was a good running & simple little 306. I just missed having a convertible.... I'm likely ruined for life & will always own a 'vert. Tight budget always makes me be very patient for improvements; but they always do come.... ;) Posted a few old pictures I found on my computer...

Attachments

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I'm happy to report my issue was the amperage draw from the big pump. Car launched hard every pass the 1st time out; but the timing equipment was off.... really off, to the tune of [email protected]! I was so stoked until I realized everyone was running 6 tenths & mph faster than ever. last month I ran [email protected] This month; I hope to run the same or better in the heat. here's a vid or two people took of my runs.....

Lousy launch too....

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Well, I'm happy to report my issue was the amperage draw from the big pump. Car launched hard every pass the 1st time out; but the timing equipment was off.... really off, to the tune of [email protected]! I was so stoked until I realized everyone was running 6 tenths & mph faster than ever. last month I ran [email protected] This month; I hope to run the same or better in the heat. here's a vid or two people took of my runs.....

Lousy launch too....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWIIxkUZ4EY&index=8&list=PLl6O2JMLjQuA7t3blVL82iOpC39QHPbii&t=0s
Damn nice. Hook was good initially.

I miss my old police interceptor stang.

·
Registered
3 Posts
huge improvement thats awesome.
im also an old timer who hasn't been on here in forever. had to create a new account it has been so long.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts