Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To make this pretty short, my car was rearended about 2 weeks ago. The left tail pipe was pushed in about 4-5 inches, so the body shop ordered a new catback from ford. Well the car was finished on Tuesday of this week (bumper was fixed and repainted etc...), but the body shop was still waiting for the catback to arrive and told me that it should be here at the latest by Friday. Well I get a call from the shop today and they tell me that now the catback won't be here unitil Wednesday of next week. For all the crap that I went through with this ***** rearending me, along with having to wait for the stock catback to arrive for over a week and a half, I've decided that I'm going to get something out of this mess, and have the insurance cover a new aftermarket exhaust selected by me...:)

Before the accident I was eventually going to go with a BBK O/R H and keep the stock catback. I've heard this combo before, and instantly fell in love with the sound (not too deep and loud, but still sounds pretty mean). Since now that I have to get a whole new catback, I'm looking toward the Magnaflow. How loud is this catback? I want to pair it up with the BBK O/R H, but don't want a loud ass setup to wake the dead. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
...just realized that the Magnaflow is a straight through muffler setup with doesn't really sound great with an O/R H. I really don't want flowmaster because the finish is not as nice as the stock cobra's catback. I'm thinking that I'm just going to have to wait for the stock one to come from ford, and just order the BBK O/R H...unless you guys know of a nice quality catback that goes well with an O/R H...?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts