Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got my bbk longtube headers yesterday, wow, they look awesome. but the driverside has a dimple right where the steering rack linkage would hook up i think. question, this is normal right? looks as though it shouldn't hurt performance too much. sure can't wait to get my heads back now and here how much louder it will be?

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
the dimple is normal, it's there for clearance. so did you send your heads off to get ported? are you getting cams too. sounds like a great combo your building.

marcus

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea they're taking forever to get them done. i was going to get cams but i will have to put my car back together soon. i miss it you know?

·
US Air Force Active Duty
1,941 Posts
Nooooo!!!! Wait for the cams! You'll regret it if you don't. :)

-Pat

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
man, i have been waiting for almost two months on the heads, if i waited to get the money together for the cams, it would be another month. i am not to sure if my heads will even be done within the next two weeks. starting to get really impatient.they're getting done at a reputable place, it's just that they're backed up.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
i agree that if you've been waitin for 2 months what's another month. i know what it's like to be without the car and it sucks but trust me, if you heard my car cam you would wait and get cams. call HP and ask steve how long it would take him to regrind your cams, i think they cost $800 but not positive. it will be worth it for the sound and the power increase. do you have the cams or does the place doin the port work on the heads have the cams?

marcus

·
US Air Force Active Duty
1,941 Posts
That's cool man. I'm just going from my experience. I wish I would have waited to get cams installed. Now I'll have to tear into the car again (which is alright, it's just a PITA). I waited a total of 7 mos. to get my heads in after I had bought them. My porter took about a month and a half to finish my heads also. I view that as a good thing--it's a time consuming job that I wouldn't want to have rushed. It also tells me that quite a few people use the same guy, so he must do something right.

It would just suck for you to regret not doing it, as it'd be even harder to rip into a Cobra to install cams than a GT. I think you'd have to lift the motor up, but I'm not positive.

:)

-Pat

1 - 7 of 7 Posts