Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to get some insight.
I have 1990 trunk car mustang. Its completely gutted and besides the sterring wheel dash and suspension. The future of this car is a track only drag car, to go as fast as possible on a limited budget ( the american dream).

I am looking at two options. One is a big block 532ci short block ford that i can get for 1000.00. The only part i have at the moment for the swap is a msd distributor.

The next option would to do a some sort of lsx swap. I am open to any and all variations of this line of motors. I can get a complete 5.3 with 110xxx miles for 600 or less.

Thanks in advance fellas!

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
which has most potential?

·
Registered
785 Posts
Your going to get mixed thoughts all day specially on a Ford forum!

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I welcome insight

·
Registered
912 Posts
Well..it's hard to beat starting off 200c.i. ahead of an LS motor!! IMO a Pure Drag car (on a budget)where streetability,handling,mpg's don't matter= BBF with A460 heads/intake,solid roller,PG trans..and 2 plates,or a fogger(whatever the rest of the car can handle). 1,000 h.p. has been done many,many times with stock blocks. I know of one making an itsy bitsy bit more than that,with a fogger on it:cool:. Can an LS can make it to that level with a BIG turbo...or maybe a boat load of N2O?? Sure,but I can't see an LS being as durable at those power levels..and definitely not as cheap,but hopefully some of the hardcore LS guys will chime in..

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea thanks for that info. What do a set of a460 heads run?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts