Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could somebody tell me the proper way to wire a battery relocation. Specifically, the solenoid needs to be mounted close to the battery, I just don't know how to do it. Currently I'm running a large diameter cable from the battery mounted in the trunk to the solenoid in the stock location underhood. At the strip I constantly need to charge the battery and it's getting old. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Why are you having to charge the battery constantly? Mine is relocated, solenoid in the stock place, and mine works fine.

·
Registered
743 Posts
sounds like you need to upgrade your alternator if the battery is going dead. What is your voltage w/ the car running? Mine is done the way you have yours done and my battery doesnt go dead. I used a 1/o welding cable for the pos and also used the same 1/o for the ground. I was told that it is better to use the same diameter cable for the ground that you use for the pos.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input. I'm running 1/o on the +, but not the neg. I'll try that, but it sounds like my alternator is the culprit (original). Thanks again.

·
Registered
931 Posts
FWIW, I kept having my battery die at the track last time I was there and it turned out to be the battery that was no good. Thank God for manual transmissions and push starts:)

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
check out Buffhomers website here on corral. He has an awsome website on this.

Kyle

1 - 7 of 7 Posts