Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on my 89 lx. should i run the cables under the car or inside under the carpet. i am running a 150amp fuse and a cutoff switch. I don't have subframe connectors yet(not installed). If under the car does anyone have any pics of how they did it and what they did it with as well as if you did it inside the car. Also some pictures of where you went through the firewall.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Mine run inside, pull the inner fender and you can punch through the firewall there and then run the cable close to the door along the floorpan, up through the plastic in the rear and into the hatch.....

·
Registered
888 Posts
Searched thru my pics but couldn't really find anything that'd help ya....sorry.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ttt

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
I ran mine inside on my 89. Batter on the passengerside in the trunk. The wires ran under the back seat under the rug, under the drivers seat and up thru the place where the cruise control used to be into the inner fender well. I may have a few pictures. I'll check it out.
Erich

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
Same with me. Ran along passenger side, punched hole in firewall area, then straight to the battery. (My starter solenoid is in trunk per MAD's battery suggestions). Maximum current to battery and ONLY when ignition switch is tripped. Avoids safety hazard of shorting out your entire battery.

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
Here are a few pictures.

Erich

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
I ran mine from the rear passenger floor, accross to the driver's side, along the door sill, thru the firewall near steering wheel.

Not fully 100% installed in this photo (made it look nicer), but you get the idea.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
cool. i wonder if i can fit my 1/0 cable throught there.

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
On my 1988 Fox car, I actually ran the cables outside the car. From back of the car, I put the cable through one of the rubber grommets and ran it along the drivers side frame to the engine compartment. (Used cable holders that I fastened to the floor pans.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I did mine under the car, just used some wire holder mounting things and secured to floorboard along pass side of car. Outside of the subframe area. I follows my fuel lines, and as I did them close to the same time it wasn't much more work doing it that way.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I ran my cable under the car untill I pulled the fender to do battle with the door pins. Since I don't have a radio/antenna in my car, I routed the 1/0 wire under the carpet on the pass side up behind the kick panel and out threw the existing antena hole, down the frame rail and out to the alternator. Feel better having it in the car, but never had a problem with it outside...

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
cool does anyone have any pics. doing this on sunday. gonna run both the 1/0 and 2ga cables inside. One up each side of the car.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
I ran the positive cable inside the car.. i went through the cruise control grommet inside of the fender, to get inside the cabin.

·
Registered
304 Posts
i ran it inside up the center or the car, i made a metal plate in place of my ash tray and mounted a cutoff switch, then continued through the console and out one of the gromets. take a look at my site for pic.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
its much easier just to run it along with the stock chassis harness....from the tail light area, to the drivers side qtr, along the drivers side rocker panel/seat area, and up through the firewall to the fender relay

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
does anyone have a pic of the cable on the relay. i ran the 1/0 cable inside the car and through the old cruise control cable spot. seems kinda hard to bend the cable back around to put on the relay.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ttt.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ttt

1 - 20 of 28 Posts