Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know where I can get a base tune for a hci supercharged 5.0 in my 93 coupe? The local tuner is backed up until mid September. ?

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
So you have a stock computer with a chip currently? Or don't even have the chip yet? I won't be able to help you with stock ECU or SCT but just trying to get more info in case other people could help.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Trick flow upper and lower track heat intake, trick flow 170cc twisted wedge heads, tfs stage 1 cam, 1.6 roller rockers, BBK 75mm throttle body, pro m mass air 60lb injectors and vortech v-3 si 8-10psi

·
Registered
365 Posts
go with megasquirt mspnp2 comes with a base tune and you can tune it yourself, it also has auto tune feature built into it. Its a standalone ecm and completely plug and play.

·
Registered
218 Posts
go with megasquirt mspnp2 comes with a base tune and you can tune it yourself, it also has auto tune feature built into it. Its a standalone ecm and completely plug and play.
I'm with this person ^^ Either a MS pnp2 or a Stinger Pimp would be my suggestion (i run the Stinger). Self tuning, you can tune through MegaLog viewer via VEanalyze from your datalogs. Comes with a base tune to get you started. You'll need a laptop and a wideband to self tune. I've been to a couple tuners already and one was a jerk and the other one could've destroyed my engine. I don't trust them and they're over paid IMO. There is a lot of tuning support on the forums that are legit and they'll help you for FREE. This helps keep you from long waits and if you ever change anything in the future you'll know how to make changes yourself instead of paying $100 or more per hour for tuning with a 2 hour minimum which is what the shop I went to charged and I had to go home and fix their crappy tune!!

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
yeah...I don't really trust a self tuning device. I at least want to see what changes are being made before they make them.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
yeah...I don't really trust a self tuning device. I at least want to see what changes are being made before they make them.
That's exactly what MS does. Lol Runs the system and makes changes real time, then you look over them and either save them, tweak them then save them, undo them, etc.

If you were talking about a diff system, disregard. :p

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
That's exactly what MS does. Lol Runs the system and makes changes real time, then you look over them and either save them, tweak them then save them, undo them, etc.

If you were talking about a diff system, disregard. :p
I have never used ms. I helped a guy with a microsquirt that did that. Binary Editor does it too.

Personally though, if I see that I need fuel, I like to add it myself.

·
Registered
218 Posts
For MS and Stinger Pimp, there is an Autotune function and VE Analyze function. Both MS and Pimp run on Tuner Studio and utilize Megalog Viewer for data logging. Autotune is where Tuner Studio will tune your VE table (fuel) while you drive. Every once in a while you click "burn" and it sends those changes to the controller (ECU), you can pull over and view the changes before sending the changes to the controller. I don't prefer this method because it makes changes based on small single instances. I much more prefer data logging while you drive, open the data log via Megalog Viewer (free program), and click VE Analyze. It will process all your data and recommend changes to your VE table (fuel). You can control what parts of the table it can make changes to, for example, I don't let it make changes above 100KPA (boost). The data will be processed from multiple hits from a much larger window instead of a single instance. Above 100kpa (boost) should always be manually changed by yourself from info in your data log.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
yeah, tuner studio was the one. And megalog viewer.....I never understood what the values in those cells meant. My buddy added 33% fuel to his whole table after switching to e-85 and he was still lean.

Binary editor just seems so much easier to me if I buy the right parts. But, I kinda understand what is going on, where-as ms, I don't. Just having something auto-tune for me, isn't good enough for me.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts