Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have gotten to see this car a few times now.. last time I was given permission to write down a few of the serial numbers on the car.. they are listed below.. if anyone knows where the block/trans/rear axle or any other numbers are please PM. There is no Marti report done on this car to my knowledge, the family hasn't gotten one I'm told anyway...

14,5xx original miles
1 repaint
Have original road wheels with original bias ply's
I can barely make out a few letters in the back/top of the block, behind the intake, and can't remember what they are so I'll try to update this later..

IF someone could help me decode the door tag/vin that would be sweet!

VIN/ Warranty number
9F02H192546

Tag on drivers door-
BDY CLR TRIM DTE DSO AXL TRANS
63C T5 3AA 02E 44 6 5

·
Registered
271 Posts
it's a 1969 mach one, 351 2V, 4 speed, 3.00 conventional rear end, candy apple red with black hood, mach one, deluxe interior

·
Registered
192 Posts
it's a 1969 mach one, 351 2V, 4 speed, 3.00 conventional rear end, candy apple red with black hood, mach one, deluxe interior
Yep, not a BOSS 302. That could be 114K miles too. It would have been with a Windsor 351. But what you do have looks to be a real BOSS 302, either a 69 or 70 and a solid looking 69 FB. Both of which are still desirable and worth something but no where near a true 69 or 70 B2. No telling if the motor came out of a real B2 or a service replacement which were common. A lot of these motors got blown up between defective pistons that were known to crack or people removing the rev limiter. You could look for a VIN on the block, go to the B2 forum and see if the original body is still around. Could be worth some money to someone having matching VINs!

Here's a real 69 B2. They used the Sports roof body, no air intakes in the Q panels.

·
Registered
2 Posts
have you polled the back seat yet? most of the time people forget about the data build sheet from the factory. it gives you all the info your looking for including where what factory it was built in.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts