Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a feeling i have a stuck injector, what kind of symptons would a stuck injector have? ****ty driveability? would it cause a code?

·
Registered
277 Posts
If you have a stuck injector, more than likely you should get a misfire code. Unfortunately, a misfire code could be associated with many things. Faulty spark plug(s), wires, egr, coil, injector, O2 sensors, exhaust valve, etc. Best bet would be to pull the codes to see if the computer has recognized any problems. Go from there and start a process of elimination. Keep in mind that sometimes a misfire code can be related to a lean condition causing multiple random misfire. In that case, look for vacuum leaks.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Stuck closed = misfire, lean condition on that bank O2 (code 41 or 91)

Stuck open = misfire, obvious rich condition, fuel odors, FP leakdown test would fail, rich condition on that bank O2 (code 42 or 92)

Best way to id which one has the problem would be running a Cylinder Balance self-test, or go old-school style disconnecting plug wires/injectors one at a time, and watch for no change in RPM's. My 2¢.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
I had an injector quit on me once. It just felt like a dead cylinder. Pulled the plug and it was dry and white. Tried a new plug for giggles but that didn't help. Process of elimination lead me to a bad injector so I replaced it. That was the fix.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I am pretty sure I have a stuck injector on mine. I am gettting fire to plugs but no FIRE. My plug was like a dry black or dark brown. Does not smell like gas. Looks like the plug has been dry firing. I did Cylinder Balance test and came up with no 4 cyl problem. It does feel like a dead cylinder. Idles ok, revs with no load ok, but drive it and you know right away it is not right.

·
Registered
454 Posts
WhidbeyStang said:
I am pretty sure I have a stuck injector on mine. I am gettting fire to plugs but no FIRE. My plug was like a dry black or dark brown. Does not smell like gas. Looks like the plug has been dry firing. I did Cylinder Balance test and came up with no 4 cyl problem. It does feel like a dead cylinder. Idles ok, revs with no load ok, but drive it and you know right away it is not right.
mine did the exact same thing......number 8 injector was stuck open.....changed it and it was fine

·
Registered
858 Posts
Wierd, I've got the exact same problem right now, and my #4 spark plug is the only black one out of all of them. It revs and runs fine, but once you load it up above 4k it misfires. No codes. Looks like i'm going to try to replace that injector.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Wierd, I've got the exact same problem right now, and my #4 spark plug is the only black one out of all of them. It revs and runs fine, but once you load it up above 4k it misfires. No codes. Looks like i'm going to try to replace that injector.
Just messaged u about this problem.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Next time don't revive a really old thread just to tell someone you sent them a PM.
If im having the same problem and hoping someone might chim in on the problem then why not? Kill two birds with one stone.... Plus isnt that why we use the search function instead of making a new thread.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a problem and please help. I have a ford mustang 1994 V6 3.8 and the engine does not want to start. the starter turns the notor, the spark plugs ignite, the fuel pressure in the bar is OK, and after pulling the injectors out of the engine, I found that all six injectors inject fuel at the same time. I do not understand why the injectors do not inject fuel gradually according to timing. this is probably why the engine does not start but I do not know the cause of the wrong timing of the injectors. do you know what to report? thank you for your advice

1 - 13 of 13 Posts