Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so before i go and buy a new autometer boost gauge, i wanted to ask this question and see if my gauge is messed up or is it just something simple.

at vac. the needle is dead still, but when i start to make boost (peak around 9-10) the needle is vibrating all over. so i cant really tell if im making 8psi, 9psi, or 10psi. i have it hooked up inline with the vacuum line going to the blow off valve. could this be the issue?

i had a similar issue when i had the same gauge hooked up to my supercharger set up. that time it was directly connected to the intake.

just dont want to spend money on a gauge if thats not the issue

·
Registered
483 Posts
one way to tell is when the car is off where dose the needle point? with mine when the car was off it was reading like 3lbs of boost. belive it or not i sent the guage to autometer and they replaced it with a brand new one. I called and talked with a tech and filed out some info sent them a pic and they exchanged it.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Boost flutter?
Could be your WG I would try a different source first? Intake port
Borrow another one and try it also

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well been running into a lot of other issues with the car lately, but today was able to figure this one out. turns out my gauge is messed up. tried a buddies spare gauge and his worked mint! nice and smooth, not vibrating all over giving me funky readings.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts