Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my 95 tuned and dynoed Saturday. 400hp at 6200 and 398tq at 4700. What do you guys think? I was anticipating 10# of boost, but topped out at 8#. I'm thinking of upgrading the intake and going down a pulley size. Check my dyno graph below. Here's what I have

95 GT
Stock bottom end
B303 Cam
Twisted Wedge 11r 190 66cc heads w/ 1.6 rockers
95 Cobra Intake
70mm TB
60lb injectors
340lph Stealth fuel pump
Shorty headers
O/R X-pipe with Flowmaster Cat back
3:73
Procharger P1SC w/ 3 core intercooler w/ 3.55 pulley

Attachments

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
You have to pay for Photobucket or you get this.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well hell. That's dumb

·
Premium Member
5,704 Posts
Had my 95 tuned and dynoed Saturday. 400hp at 6200 and 398tq at 4700. What do you guys think? I was anticipating 10# of boost, but topped out at 8#. I'm thinking of upgrading the intake and going down a pulley size. Check my dyno graph below. Here's what I have
Stock bottom end
B303 Cam
Twisted Wedge 11r 190 66cc heads w/ 1.6 rockers
95 Cobra Intake
Procharger P1SC w/ 3 core intercooler w/ 3.55 pulley
A better flowing intake lower intake will help but you're getting close to stk. block splitting time.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Holy lord, ditch the Cobra intake and B cam. You're not even "using" those heads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Unfortunately the B cam and Cobra intake were my first engine upgrades back in 2002. Until I split/upgrade the block, I have to interest in opening the motor again to replace the cam. I'm going back and forth on a few intakes, so any first hand experience would be appreciated.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
I use the Holley SM2 on my 11R heads, but with a different throttle body, different cam, likely different exhaust, and NA, so I'm not so sure how much help my experience would be.

For what it's worth, I like the intake, but if I did it over again I'd get an intake without the 180 degree turn, be it carb style efi or TFS Box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
218 Posts
My question is why do you want more? 400/398 to the wheels should be tons of fun on the street!! I love the cobra intakes and I'd rather send it out to TMoss for porting before I buy a new one. If that isn't right for you then the Systemax and Eddy RPM2's are pretty good. As far as PSI goes, an intercooler typically absorbes 1+ psi which isn't really a big deal. At 8psi you should have a little more power but not that much more. Your cam and intake are holding you back a little.

·
Registered
446 Posts
A better flowing intake lower intake will help but you're getting close to stk. block splitting time.
Your engine, but if it were me, I'd just leave well enough alone.

I have to agree with both of these guys. While you may have some restrictions, I wouldn't go adding more to this of buying more parts if you're just running a stock block.

Just enjoy it...it's not fun breaking blocks unless that's what you goal is.

·
Registered
999 Posts
I think the intake is probably a little small for those heads, but I am still on stock GT40's and stock cobra intake, no porting and I made [email protected] on my S trim cutting it off at 5700. I would pulley it down atleast, but meth works wonders. I know you have an IC, but curious as to how well the procharger cores are? Any idea on what the IAT's were?

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
I'd be too nervous running meth on a street car. You have to raise timing significantly to compensate. So what if the meth doesn't fire under boost? That's just too risky for me.

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
I'd be too nervous running meth on a street car. You have to raise timing significantly to compensate. So what if the meth doesn't fire under boost? That's just too risky for me.

Do some more research about methanol-water injection. It?s almost a no brainer in my opinion. There?s benefits and can be safely ran. I don?t have tons of timing in my car. Just my opinion

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
I already did look into that for mine. My research showed you really have to advance the timing quite a bit because of it. What if your solenoid doesn't turn on? Then, you're stuck with no meth and an additional 5-8 degree's more timing on a boosted motor than you would normally run. Bang. For me, the risk doesn't overcome the reward.

I know many people like it. I'd rather have a knock sensor. Thanks Ford!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I think the intake is probably a little small for those heads, but I am still on stock GT40's and stock cobra intake, no porting and I made [email protected] on my S trim cutting it off at 5700. I would pulley it down atleast, but meth works wonders. I know you have an IC, but curious as to how well the procharger cores are? Any idea on what the IAT's were?
Wow, those are really good numbers (now I feel even worse about my 400). What PSI was that at? To be honest, my goal was 450whp, as it's just a weekend street car. I have no idea what the IAT's were.

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
I already did look into that for mine. My research showed you really have to advance the timing quite a bit because of it. What if your solenoid doesn't turn on? Then, you're stuck with no meth and an additional 5-8 degree's more timing on a boosted motor than you would normally run. Bang. For me, the risk doesn't overcome the reward.

I know many people like it. I'd rather have a knock sensor. Thanks Ford!
Very understandable. They do make fail safe boxes that automatically retard timing to protect, but pricey. I fully understand about the ?what if? factor.

·
Registered
999 Posts
I think you are missunderstanding how meth works. You do not NEED to touch timing, really let alone anything. With enough meth, it will richen up your mixture, but the ability to add timing is a side effect and not mandatory.
I gained over 60whp on a 3gph nozzle without ANY other changes to the car at all. After we touched up the tune to compensate we ended up with over 90whp gain. Still not stupid agressive, but its not super conservative either.

My AIT sensor is a failsafe. If its too hot, it pulls timing. I also have a flow based failsafe. If it doesnt flow to the parameters I set, it knocks boost out.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Wow, those are really good numbers (now I feel even worse about my 400). What PSI was that at? To be honest, my goal was 450whp, as it's just a weekend street car. I have no idea what the IAT's were.
I am still on the stock 3.3" pulley. On my stock top end with power pipe, I make 10psi. Trust me , without Meth my car is not as impressive. I think baselines were like 375ish without meth last time I ran it. A #### ton less safe without it too.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts