Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering selling my vortech and switching to a larger single turbo kit. I have a Anderson b31hr cam. I can't find the specs and I know nothing about the cam specs. WILL THIS CAM BE OKAY

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
I am considering selling my vortech and switching to a larger single turbo kit. I have a Anderson b31hr cam. I can't find the specs and I know nothing about the cam specs. WILL THIS CAM BE OKAY
AFM B-31 218/228 .544/.544 w/1.6 rocker 270/280 112 108

It will work OK...need more info about your combo. If you are still stock block, that cam will easily crack your block in TWO!

Do some searching on here...there are TONS OF POSTS about that cam on here!!

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
AFM B-31 218/228 .544/.544 w/1.6 rocker 270/280 112 108

It will work OK...need more info about your combo. If you are still stock block, that cam will easily crack your block in TWO!

Do some searching on here...there are TONS OF POSTS about that cam on here!!

I don't have a stock block I have a boss.
I am really big on sound. My combo with the blower sounds good. I am afraid I will sacrifice that's with a on3 80mm turbo.
If the cam will work okay then i will just use it

·
Registered
7 Posts
AFM b-31 hr will be fine. I also went from a supercharger (Vortech V1 T -trim) to a turbo (GTK850) and the cam works great. I think the duration is 216/224 & lift .576/.576.
Hope it helps.
P.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
The turbo might mellow out that "crisp" exhaust note, but with straight pipes on my car, at idle you could hear the turbine whistling, it sounded so nice, but way too loud at WOT. I stuck a set of Jones max flows on it, no I swear its quieter that stock.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts