Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a V1 B trim. Going to swap it out to a T trim. I was making 13psi with the B trim. If i swap out to a T trim, how much more boost would i make if no other changes are made?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Boost on a centrifugel charger is rpm related. So it all depends on how fast u spin it. If u want to sell that old b-trim head unit cheap pm-me.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Gotta look at the compressor maps see how much it flows for a certain tom. Most likely u will loose power. Gotta spin the t-trim faster. That what I found put switching from s to a t.

·
Registered
216 Posts
i also made the S to T Trim swap. I made the same power with the swap and \i was so disappinted. i pullied down and spun it and made50 more whp. then i started burnng up belts and there wasrubber everywhere. \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\the vortech 8 rib upgrade kit was out of my budget and i knew i woud also need a THUMP RrR Tensioner. so, i did the 8 rib upgrade kit, $$$ then the \thump RRR tensioner with a timing cover swap to a 3 bolt tensioner and i also went with theinovators West 10% Overdrive pulley ad i went from 400 all the way up to 659whp after a few years of timkering.... ive maxed out the T Trims efficiencyand I am now looking to sell and head to turbo or a larger YSI ora procharger.... hope some of that helps

·
Registered
3,539 Posts
Years ago I started with a used R trim, when it took a dump I traded it in on an s trim. Then traded head units with friend who had a t trim on a Durango.

Same car, combo and pullies all basically trapped the same and et’d the same for me.

I also saw the same 10-11 psi on all 3 head units with the same pullies. You will likely most benefit when you turn the t up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts