Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my '89 GT that's my street/strip car. I already have 90/10's , Strange 10way shocks , UCA/LCA's . The nose of the car looks like a sky scraper while the rear sits perfect .

Are there a set of springs that will give the car a good stance without sacrificing much(if any) weight transfer. Maybe a set of B springs or Eibach's ?

·
Registered
5,236 Posts
4 cylinder front springs, coil overs would be even better

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
B springs work great on a dual purpose street/strip car.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
B springs work great on a dual purpose street/strip car.
I've seen some pics of your car and it has the stance I want . How's it drive on the street and how's it launch at the track (I love the way my nose rises up with the 90/10's) ?

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
"I've seen some pics of your car and it has the stance I want . How's it drive on the street and how's it launch at the track (I love the way my nose rises up with the 90/10's) ?"

It's a comfortable ride for street cruising. Suspension is firm, but not harsh. At the track it will generally put down a 1.40 sixty foot in decent conditions, and it's very consistent.

·
Jersey True Street Guy
3,195 Posts
Coil overs are cheap enough if you have a few bucks. I trimmed stock springs carefully the exact same amount prior to having coil overs and had them work well. You really don't want a stiffer rate because it will limit suspension total travel.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts