Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What happened to B&G turbo? Anybody runing that kit around here?

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
i am ..fitment is great and so is the quality running mine for 4 yrs now

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
They are still around. They make a good kit.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Glad to hear it. I'm always thinking about getting his kit but replacing the intercooler with something thinner that wouldn't make me have to cut up my bumper cover. U guys running AC and PS?

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
im only using his hot side. i bought a piping /couplers/tbolt clamp and the intercooler kit off of ebay so i wouldn't have to hack the bumper up since i have an lx. it fit perfect and has been working great for 4 yrs plus

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
im only using his hot side. i bought a piping /couplers/tbolt clamp and the intercooler kit off of ebay so i wouldn't have to hack the bumper up since i have an lx. it fit perfect and has been working great for 4 yrs plus
That's awesome. I've got an LX too. I'd like to keep it looking as stock as possible. How did u know which intercooler would fit without modification?

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
i just guessed...lol...and it worked and i have ac and all

·
Jersey True Street Guy
3,195 Posts
I have one also, 3 years. Mine is a real off the shelf kit slightly modded for an 88.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Yeah they seem like nice kits I'm about to order one up my self

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
i would def have it ceramic coated by brain if he does it or send it out its def worth it and wrap the downpipe and crossover pipe and invest in a turbo blanket you can get those from VSracing. All that stuff really keeps down the under the hood temps my car is at 185 on the hottest days.

·
Jersey True Street Guy
3,195 Posts
Man, I wish I could keep mine a bit cooler. I have the downpipe wrapped and the blanket on and it just hangs a bit over 200.

·
Jersey True Street Guy
3,195 Posts
Summit Racing SUM-G4850 - Summit Racing® High Output Electric Fans - Overview - SummitRacing.com

They are both wired together. They come on at 200, off at 180 and I have a manual override switch to turn both the fans and electric water pump on while the car is off.

I have a Ron Davis 2x3/4 core aluminum radiator.

I have been thinking of changing to a Champion 4x.5 core.

As I write this I am thinking it may make sense to drop the turn on temp to the lowest possible per the DFI setting.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
that might be your problem i would use the MARK 8 fan because it looks like your fans only do 2,600 cfm and the Mark 8 does anywhere from 3,800 to 4,??? i believe and has been proven to be one the best e-fans to use.

·
Jersey True Street Guy
3,195 Posts
Won't fit.

I have a Meziere electric pump that lacks clearance for a big single fan. I need to use a dual fan so the idler hub spans the middle of the two.

You now have me thinking though, if I could get a massive dual fan, I could probably wire it so that one fan is controlled the way the current one is, and above 1700 rpm the second fan comes on (to avoid too much current draw).

I plan to add a custom fabbed sheet metal tanked intercooler which may require moving the radiator back further in order to get it behind the nose.

Stupid LX, just not enough room!

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
there is a good dual fan the ram charger fan that is also another common setup people use on this forum you can see if that will fit and it def does more CFM then the summit fans

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
Won't fit.

I have a Meziere electric pump that lacks clearance for a big single fan. I need to use a dual fan so the idler hub spans the middle of the two.

You now have me thinking though, if I could get a massive dual fan, I could probably wire it so that one fan is controlled the way the current one is, and above 1700 rpm the second fan comes on (to avoid too much current draw).

I plan to add a custom fabbed sheet metal tanked intercooler which may require moving the radiator back further in order to get it behind the nose.

Stupid LX, just not enough room!
The Taruas fan will fit with the Meziere water pump. That's the setup that I run in my LX. It flows almost as much as the Mark 8 fan.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Can u keep stock style mechanical fan on this kit or do u have to switch to a electric?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts