Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know most people here are On3 kit owners, but I'm having a few issues with my B&G install. I've got the stock motor mounts and the pass. side turbo flange is still hitting the frame rail. I've thought of new mounts, but which ones? I've heard Energy Suspension, but aren't they based on the convertable mounts which in turn LOWER the motor? Secondly, the V-bands on the exhaust housing and the Down pipe are two different sizes O/D. They are both 3" I/D, but the turbo flange is 3 9/16 and the down pipe is 3 3/4. Needless to say I can't get them to line up at all! Hopefully some B&G owners are still lurking around! LOL

·
Registered
272 Posts
I had to notch the frame rail even with poly mounts. Be sure to notch it more than you think you need so you have plenty of clearance.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I am just starting my install. You will need these mounts.
Energy Suspension part 4.1122G

I thought they were the wrong ones when I installed them due to the little nipples not lining up. Brian got back to me within a day and said they are the right ones and just need to grind them off. It took about 5 minutes to make them work. I have not started the hot side so you are way ahead of me but I think you need these mounts factory will not work. Call him when you run into issue. He is really good about helping you.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I just spaced my stock mounts up a bit. They were new and I didn't want to buy new ones. I had to grind down one side of the v band to get it to fit into the grove on the exhaust housing. Not sure if they still come like that or not I bought mine 3 years ago.

·
Registered
221 Posts
i notched my rail as well. the v-bands are a pain if you still have your sway bar. The only way i could get mine was to put a jack under the front wheel and load the sway bar to get it away from the crossover.

·
Jersey True Street Guy
3,195 Posts
I have the same motor mounts, and yes, the "nub" needs to come off.

When you guys say framerail are you referring to the sway bar mount?

·
Registered
272 Posts
I have the same motor mounts, and yes, the "nub" needs to come off.

When you guys say framerail are you referring to the sway bar mount?
The OP was asking about the turbo flange hitting the frame rail on the passenger side but I had to notch the swaybar mount as well on the drivers side.

·
Jersey True Street Guy
3,195 Posts
I just cut mine off altogether and made it simple.

:)

It was really close and was giving me a headache maneuvering things around. I didn't have any aspirations of having a sway bar again anyway.

The thing that is concerning me in this thread is that a different turbo is being used that what the kit was put together for...

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The OP was asking about the turbo flange hitting the frame rail on the passenger side but I had to notch the swaybar mount as well on the drivers side.
This. I already knew about the swaybar mount, and knew of the trubo flange with non stock motor mounts, but mine are stock and I still need to notch the frame rail. I made me some spacers for the stock mounts and it helps, but I still can't get a bolt throught the flange. So it looks like I'll still be notching the framerail anyway.:confused:

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Mine are notched and I have the Energy mounts. I would rather notch than have hood clearance problems and raise the center of gravity.

P.S. I have a SN95 though so i suppose that doesnt really help you.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts