Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on B&G web site and noticed they were selling Helllion kits???? Did they merge with hellion or sellit or what does anyone know?

·
Formerly eades5.0
4,716 Posts
Yup, good catch. This is straight off their site...

We are proud to announce we have hooked up with the fellas over at Hellion to offer you even more turbo kit choices. Why Hellion you ask? Well after many phone conversations with the guys over at Hellion and the many referrals they send us for custom kits, why not? There products are American made here in the good old USA, they have already took the time to sort out these kits and I feel they are just as good as ours. Plus why redesign when they have tried and trued kits out there? Plus Most of their kits are in stock and ship in 1 to 4 days. The listings are in ruff format right now but I will clean them up and add options shortly! Call me for BEST pricing 740-686-2897

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a B&G kit but if I was looking for a hellion why would I go to B&G for a Hellion?

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
That's why companies have dealers. They don't want to always sell directly to the public. They would receive ALL the ph calls about tech questions and sales. Dealers take the blunt of that for them, and then you have lots of others shops advertising and trying to sell your product for you. In return, the seller gives the shop a discount for selling their product. Why go to one company for another product. Depends. Sometimes as a buyer it's nice to let someone else deal with the headache if there are any since you bought it through them. Or to help out a local shop, especially if they make money and costs you the same.

·
Jersey True Street Guy
3,195 Posts
You will note if you check out Hellion's website they are much more focused now on "up market" kits for newer cars. Also, from a scale perspective, they are much larger, using Bassani to do the mfg of their piping.

B&G's partnership with Hellion isn't just reselling kits, but also helping manufacturing their stage 1 kits for additional scale. It was a smart move to be able to sell a higher volume and still concentrate on a lot of the custom work and kit modifications they do for a lot of us (as our combos grow over time).

Personally I think it was a great move, not everyone recognizes when they need to make changes to grow.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts