Ford Mustang Forums banner

Axle Retention fox 8.8

1K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  TomR 
#1 ·
Ok I know this horse has been beat to death, but for me finding a definitive answer is proving more challenging that it should be. So I'm asking for help please!!

C-clip eliminators + SN95 brakes while keeping fox length axles. What's the answer? Can it be done? If so how?

9" ends. The better option, but I'm seeing a lot of different opinions, from needing aftermarket brakes, to the axle being shortened. What's what guys?

Thank you. Help me clear the fog.

#2 ·
Yea u can run sn95 rear brakes w fox length axles an c clip eliminators. Use fox c clip eliminators an axles an jus put the drivers caliper brack on passenger an vise versa. U need cut bracket to go over axle tube which loses one mounting ear an it'll bolt right up. I have a pair of the correct e brake cables to do swap. I've done 2 cars this way an works flawlessly.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Reactions: oriosmit
#10 ·
Definitely the 9" ends are the preferred route. I have gotten some part number info from strange to do it.

Problem I am running into is the localish shop to me says it'll shorten my axle??? I don't want that. I want the housing and everything to sit exactly where it is now. That's the only shop within reasonable driving distance that seems to know about any of this stuff.

#15 ·
I'm not sure what they mean. I have a stock 8.8 housing with 9 inch ends, and use stock length axles and stock brakes. Everything is the same.

#11 ·
I have run the Strange 8.8 ends for at least 10 years with drums and North Race Cars SN brackets and have never had a leak problem. Or any other problem for that matter. Car whoas down pretty good, better than a lot of others in the same MPH area I run. Only reason I keep the E brake SN stuff is I am a stick and one of the tracks I run has inclines in the pits, and I worry about the car running away from me if I don't park it right.

#14 · (Edited)
I did it 4 years ago, it works well. You may have to use a washer as a shim for the caliper bracket, but it is pretty easy.

http://1985mustanggt.com/Misc/Bracket_LH.JPG[/IMG]

Joe

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.