Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I know this horse has been beat to death, but for me finding a definitive answer is proving more challenging that it should be. So I'm asking for help please!!

C-clip eliminators + SN95 brakes while keeping fox length axles. What's the answer? Can it be done? If so how?

9" ends. The better option, but I'm seeing a lot of different opinions, from needing aftermarket brakes, to the axle being shortened. What's what guys?

Thank you. Help me clear the fog.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Yea u can run sn95 rear brakes w fox length axles an c clip eliminators. Use fox c clip eliminators an axles an jus put the drivers caliper brack on passenger an vise versa. U need cut bracket to go over axle tube which loses one mounting ear an it'll bolt right up. I have a pair of the correct e brake cables to do swap. I've done 2 cars this way an works flawlessly.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you! Man that's pretty much what I've seen, but wasn't sure.

I see a lot of guys talking about using the stock drum brake backing plate between the eliminator and flange. Do I need this? Because that stock stuff has been long gone!

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Definitely the 9" ends are the preferred route. I have gotten some part number info from strange to do it.

Problem I am running into is the localish shop to me says it'll shorten my axle??? I don't want that. I want the housing and everything to sit exactly where it is now. That's the only shop within reasonable driving distance that seems to know about any of this stuff.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
I have run the Strange 8.8 ends for at least 10 years with drums and North Race Cars SN brackets and have never had a leak problem. Or any other problem for that matter. Car whoas down pretty good, better than a lot of others in the same MPH area I run. Only reason I keep the E brake SN stuff is I am a stick and one of the tracks I run has inclines in the pits, and I worry about the car running away from me if I don't park it right.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Yea u can run sn95 rear brakes w fox length axles an c clip eliminators. Use fox c clip eliminators an axles an jus put the drivers caliper brack on passenger an vise versa. U need cut bracket to go over axle tube which loses one mounting ear an it'll bolt right up. I have a pair of the correct e brake cables to do swap. I've done 2 cars this way an works flawlessly.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Any pictures of the cut/ mount?

·
Registered
366 Posts
I did it 4 years ago, it works well. You may have to use a washer as a shim for the caliper bracket, but it is pretty easy.

http://1985mustanggt.com/Misc/Bracket_LH.JPG[/IMG]

Joe

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
Definitely the 9" ends are the preferred route. I have gotten some part number info from strange to do it.

Problem I am running into is the localish shop to me says it'll shorten my axle??? I don't want that. I want the housing and everything to sit exactly where it is now. That's the only shop within reasonable driving distance that seems to know about any of this stuff.
I'm not sure what they mean. I have a stock 8.8 housing with 9 inch ends, and use stock length axles and stock brakes. Everything is the same.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts