Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
3,363 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We use a Chase Cam and their Digital Recorder.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Awesome job, Sam. Looks like a really fun course and you were flying...I'll bet you pax'ed just fine, straight timing lots of "faster" classes ;)

Go get 'em tomorrow. :)

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Results/PDF form. Looks like a blast of a course.

http://www.scca.com/documents/resultfiles/Sat Provisional - R2.pdf

I see a few of the guys I run with locally that run the same times I do(or used to with R-comps :( ), and they're close to the top. Thats all I need to know. ;)

Geee, I wonder if Hoosier is a good tire?! I never could afford a set and always ran the Kumho's. Kinda makes me wonder how i'd do with a better tire...

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Not very much turnout in ESP. Not a single Pony car. There are some local Miata guys doing well it looks like. The guy that I was going to co drive with is doing well in Street Touring Sport

Looks like Sam is flying out there.

·
Registered
506 Posts
my wife says this is her fleeting "moment of fame" ... right at the start, that's us sitting this side of the bleachers!

got to shake sam's hand ... that alone should be worth several seconds at my next event. ;)

·
Registered
506 Posts
P.S. We joked on this forum about Sam just sticking "ESP" on his car ... well, after Day 1, he would have been leading F stock, E Street Prepared, C prepared and Street Mod, so he pretty much has all the Mustang classes covered. Amazing!

·
Registered
488 Posts
Results/PDF form. Looks like a blast of a course.

http://www.scca.com/documents/resultfiles/Sat Provisional - R2.pdf

I see a few of the guys I run with locally that run the same times I do(or used to with R-comps :( ), and they're close to the top. Thats all I need to know. ;)

Geee, I wonder if Hoosier is a good tire?! I never could afford a set and always ran the Kumho's. Kinda makes me wonder how i'd do with a better tire...
You'd go faster on the Hoosiers, all other things being equal, in all likelihood. They are great tires, particularly on asphalt. We'll see what happens when Nationals goes back to concrete this year...

A bunch of the classes at Dixie are pretty well undersubscribed, but there are some great "benchmarks" as well in some of the other classes, like FS, SS, AS, FSP, STS/ST etc. If you get the pax results, you'll have a better idea of relative times with some of the guys you run with, for comparison and giving you that last shot in the arm to go buy some Hoosiers :)

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
You'd go faster on the Hoosiers, all other things being equal, in all likelihood. They are great tires, particularly on asphalt. We'll see what happens when Nationals goes back to concrete this year...

A bunch of the classes at Dixie are pretty well undersubscribed, but there are some great "benchmarks" as well in some of the other classes, like FS, SS, AS, FSP, STS/ST etc. If you get the pax results, you'll have a better idea of relative times with some of the guys you run with, for comparison and giving you that last shot in the arm to go buy some Hoosiers :)
When I said "guys I usually run with", I was meaning raw times to raw times. Thats all i'm concerned about. The classes/rules are BS to me and I just want the the time it takes a car to start and finish the course.

I'm not gonna buy anymore race tires. It's been nice saving 3600+dollars these past 3 years. ;)

·
Registered
506 Posts
next time somebody on the corral asks "what's the first mod i should make on my car?" ... just point them to those results ;)

·
Registered
488 Posts
Sammy killed it...once again :)

My pal and former co-driver Matthew Braun in SS did pretty good, too ;)

Like all results, it is hard to get all the information without being there, seeing the conditions etc, but based on the numbers, I think Sam's going to pax top 3...Carpenter in ES should be #1 (?)

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Pax is going to be rough this year for us (I know, I keep hearing how it's my fault.....). I was happy to be up there considering the smacking FS took on index.

Hope you guys like the video. I'm going to try to keep getting some up from time to time.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts