Ford Mustang Forums banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
willrace4food said:
I would accept the gauge. Call Autometer and tell them you have one of the recall gauges. Then you'll get a $200 gauge (full sweep) for $70.
Ditto

Whats the difference. Is the install the same? Does it use a sender?

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Well, the full sweep gauges come with a little black control box, and they are full sweep. I think I might call Autometer and get the *new gauge*, and then sell it for $100 bucks. Any takers??

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Thanks willrace. I think I will do that. Im going to call them right now.

·
Registered
41 Posts
can you give me the number you called at auto meter. i want to call and get the same deal. i sent them an email and here is their response.

"You will need to remove both the gauge and sender, and return them to us for service, to the following address:"

10 days sucks but from this email i couldn't tell what the hell they were going to do?

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Yea I called yesterday also and talked to Zack. All he would do is put me on a list for when they figure it out.:mad: So Now I have to take it ouw and wait. I might call summit and see if they will do the same thing for me on a trade. I would rather have the full sweep also.

·
Registered
906 Posts
BowTieKilr....what model number do you have? I talked to Zack yesterday and he said my new gauge will be here in ten days.....i currently have the 4309 model.

sucks for you.....call back!

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
98Roush said:
BowTieKilr....what model number do you have? I talked to Zack yesterday and he said my new gauge will be here in ten days.....i currently have the 4309 model.

sucks for you.....call back!
I have the 5709. I asked him not once, not twice, but 3 times if they could swap out with something else and he said " we dont have anything that we can swap it out for". I was not happy with their customer service at all!!! He said I was more or less SOL! Told me to wait and see what happenes and to take it off and not use it. I asked possible times and he said could be a week could be a couple months! I was like WTF??? Not my problem you thing screwed up! Whata P-nis. I was looking to swap all my guages out to the new cobalt in my car and make a custom dash for my truck. I am really rethinking that now due to how I was treated. He told me they would call and let me know what I need to do when they figure something out. Untill then I am just out of luck. Didnt even say sorry for the inconvienence!

sorry for the rant. Yesterday I was really pissed about it!

·
Registered
218 Posts
well my sending went bad on me last week and i called them....two days later i had a new sending unit in my mailbox...problems gone...

·
Registered
482 Posts
This is what they told me in an email reply...

Sir,

In most instances, we are upgrading to the full sweep electronic gauge setup; it is a case by case basis. The turnaround is about 7-10 business days, and the address to ship to is:

Auto Meter
Attn: Service
413 W. Elm Street
Sycamore, IL 60178

Ward
Tech/Service

Mike

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I guess I will try the email approach and if I dont get anywhere that way I will try something else. thanks

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Is there any other company that makes guages that I could check out? This recall stuff is a bunch of crap.

·
Registered
91 Posts
bow tie klr said:

I was not happy with their customer service at all!!! He said I was more or less SOL! Didnt even say sorry for the inconvienence!
I agree! I called Autometer this morning, they were very blunt and not at all straight to the point. Felt like i was playing trivia with these people!! :mad:

They told me to mail the gauge & sender unit, thats it! I was like.. what about getting a confirmation code? is there anything else i need to attach to the package??? His answer... no. :confused: I understand they probably getting a crap load of calls about this recall, you would think by now they would already have the information to at least fill our satisfaction.. or give us our money back!!!!!!

·
Registered
906 Posts
dude, you should get a conf. number. Zack gave me one. I don't know what to tell you. I just sliced my wires and pulled the sender and sent it back. I hope the post office doesn't put a dog in the rooom cuz my package smells like fuel, lol.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
I just installed my new mechanical fuel pressure gauge. Everything went as planned. I had to drill a 3/8" hole in the firewall. I went in near the steering wheel shaft. Came out right under the support for the master cylinder? I bought one of Autometer's pressure isolators. It's a trick setup. It seperates the gas fromn the cabin by using a diaphragm <sp? Everything is working great so far. I had to reroute the fuel line for the nitrous solonoid. Other than that it was not too bad. If any of you are thinking about installing a mechanical in the dash bezel, be aware that you have to trim a little bit around the cluster. I used a Dremel. When the Lotek pillar comes in, I'll be installing a full sweep electric EGT, oil pressure, and water temp gauge set. I don't think there will be enough room in the pillar for the mechanical gauges. If someone has mounted a mech gauge there please let me know how the install went.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts