Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Tried out a new course layout on our local slick-lot stomping grounds. I think it worked out great...as I actually felt like the course wasn't kicking me in the cahone's all day long. Car did great, I just need to step up as usual but i'm straightening out the learning curve more and more....

These runs were on 275 and 315 Nitto NT-05 tires. I think on the IN-CAR vid I had a 54.5XX but ended the day with a 53.95 or so, 53.9-something. FTD was a turbo miata/r-comps 49.7-ish.

IN-CAR:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PNw5P16aF0

EXTERIOR...kinda shaky/distant....barely watchable.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbJ8lHCdKx0

·
Super Moderator
27,653 Posts
You're hustling that thing around! Damn, I forgot how bulbuous those hoods were :rofl:

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, i'm no "true racer", but I manage to not bring the word suck to a new level. ;) (I hope).

Yea....the hood...I didn't like the stock fake hood scoop and liked the idea of a heat extractor. After no precious 99 Cobra or V6 Mustang guys wanted to swap my hood for their reverse vent hood, I found this one at a Mustang swap meet. I wanted as little cowl as possible, and back then everybody told me, "Don't get the 03 Cobra hood, their longer and it'll look like the car has on overbite." :rolleyes:

·
Registered
591 Posts
so how did the tires perform? Can you give us feedback on them from an autox standpoint

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
For that lot to be as slick as it is(especially that dark black part with all that sealer), they did great. Aside from me losing talent in a few spots, they had great turn in, grip out of the hole and were very predictable with driver feel. Tire wear doesn't seem to be TOO bad. I am running just over -3* in front with appx. +7* caster, with 0 toe.

I started with 30psi cold(before I drove to the event). After my first run they were 34psi give or take a psi front/back. I never touched the air pressure as the heat from shoulder to should was uniform and it kept gaining grip(what little there was out there)from run 1 to run 5.

It was a pretty humid/hot day, around 90* outside, surely over 100* on the pavement. These tires have a day of open tracking on them, and this is the first autocross with them.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Very nice (and damn fast looking) run from the exterior view. I wish someone would take video of me from the outside, I never really get the sensation of speed from in-car video.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I always seem to think the exterior shots look slower. :confused:

I guess I like the in-car's because I can remember exactly what I was thinking at the time(it's mostly OH shit!, hope it stops!) ;)

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Whats goin' on at 32 seconds? You mean me liftin the front end off the ground doin' a wheelie? ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts