Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok.. These are my mods.. where should I fall class wise for Auto-X because the rule book is pissing me off! :lol:

In an '04 GT:

Torque Thrust 17x10.5 with 315/35ZR17 102W Nitto NT555's
front 17x8 with 275/40ZR17
Lakewood 70/30 Struts
Tokico HP Series Shocks
Ford Racing Axle Dampers
J&M Rear Lower Control Arm
Ford Racing Rear Upper Control Arm
H&R SS Springs
3.55 Gears
Stack Racing CAI
Custom H-Pipe
SCT 4 Bank Tune/Chip
Removed Rear Seats
Stripped Trunk
Debadged
Painted Green
Mach 1 Chin Spoiler
Mach 1 Grill Delete
(I dont know if this matter, but 20% tinted windows)
Headlights

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
"Ish", according to their regs cuz I have never raced my car for a full season. So, yes.

·
US Army Active Duty
2,433 Posts
Sorry, I did have to be the smartazz... but yeah your safe bet is to simply register Novice Street Mod, then after a couple events talk to the tech guys and see what changes you can make to run E Street Prepared. FWIW your choices are typically F Stock, E Street Prepared, or Street Mod... you can also run one of the ST classes but that gets more complicated as tire width is also a factor for them.

FWIW the PAX index for ESP is .846, the PAX index for SM is .869, so the indexed difference is not very large, I wouldn't sweat it for running Novice, just run Novice Street Mod and get your feet wet :)

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wasn't saying I didn't want to run novice, no point in embarassing myself with and ass whooping right? Lol, I just couldn't figure out where I fall in with the mods, the rule book is all over the place. I read 30 pages before I gave up and posted this, thanks though! First race Sunday at Tre Rack HQ!

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Plus I was reading #### like fender roll and stereo and body mod played factors into the classes, didn't want to miss something!

·
Registered
62 Posts
I wasn't saying I didn't want to run novice, no point in embarassing myself with and ass whooping right? Lol, I just couldn't figure out where I fall in with the mods, the rule book is all over the place. I read 30 pages before I gave up and posted this, thanks though! First race Sunday at Tre Rack HQ!

The rules are confusing for sure. I have been a member for 21 years and it still takes me awhile to find things. Plus the Solo Rules have become an alphabit soup of classes.

What always helped me is to start in Appendix A and find the classes where my car is listed and then study the allowances in each catagory from there. In the past a every car could be run in every catagory but now there are restrictions based on the number seats or engine size. Overly complicated if you ask me.

For the most part it appears that they have structured the rules to flow from Stock>Street Prep>Street Mod. ST is new to me and has allowances that doesn't really follow the logic that the older classes do.

What puts you in Street Mod is the back seat removal, the alternate lower control arms and possible the gutted trunk. Stereos,tinted glass, some body kit items, aftermarket interior pieces, etc are typically treated as comfort and convenience items and they don't move you to other classes.

Don't forget to have a good time!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cool! I appreciate it!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts