Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well got the auto meter adapter installed and works great. Great piece to use for 99 and newer stangs. Cost about $60 bucks.

·
Registered
96 Posts
where did you buy it? thanks

·
Registered
527 Posts
DarkPnyVA said:
Well got the auto meter adapter installed and works great. Great piece to use for 99 and newer stangs. Cost about $60 bucks.
How accurate is it? Any chance you may get to check it on a dyno? Did you check it against the digital readout when the instrument cluster is in test mode?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I bought mine from AA Speed in Woodbridge VA. They had to wait a week to clear back orders to get me mine.

I acutally did compare it to the digital tach in the test mode. It seems right on. The diffrences I saw were around 100-200 rpms higher than stock depending where I was in rpm range. I heard that this is a common problem on ford tachs, but wasn't sure if it was true for 99 and newer stangs. (stock tach were suposively off a bit because of the signal wire carries many signals, not just the tach). It was weird to have 3 tachs going at once, I didnt know which one to look at--kept going from one to the other :eek: .

I am sure that its reading an accurate number. The coil wire is tapped before it dasiy-chains off to the indiviual plugs. The install was nice and easy since i had already pre-wired the tach (except for the siginal wire of course). I know there are other adapters that work just a good, I just had a concern about the install of this one because it seemed that no one else had done it yet. But, it was as easy as it looked on Auto Meter's pdf instruction file. At $60 its so far the cheapest that I've seen.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts