Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been trying to contact u for three days. I have left my number and called all times of the day . Can u tell me when your available or an alt. Number. Thx.

·
Registered
525 Posts
What number are you calling..they're usually on top of the phone calls...

·
Registered
401 Posts
i called today over a price quote ? an chad was not their but Mike ! answer all my questions! i called my tuner today and say to use a lighting meter rather then their pmass ?? not sure ! but here the number i called today!614-439-0057 chad or Mike!

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
i called today over a price quote ? an chad was not their but Mike ! answer all my questions! i called my tuner today and say to use a lighting meter rather then their pmass ?? not sure ! but here the number i called today!614-439-0057 chad or Mike!
A lightning meter for a On3 turbo kit? I'm sure it could be done but the On3 kit is set up for a blow through MAF or SD. I'd be asking that tuner some questions more questions. I know lots of guys running turbos on their 5.0's but don't know anyone running a lightning meter.

Have you considered ditching the MAF and going with stand alone system like the Megasquirt? No MAF, sell the stock ECU, no custom chip, and best of all no more being handcuffed to the tuner should you decide to change your combo.

·
Registered
401 Posts
any luck ! contacting on3?? i called them today and order my kit today!

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
A lightning meter for a On3 turbo kit? I'm sure it could be done but the On3 kit is set up for a blow through MAF or SD. I'd be asking that tuner some questions more questions. I know lots of guys running turbos on their 5.0's but don't know anyone running a lightning meter.

Have you considered ditching the MAF and going with stand alone system like the Megasquirt? No MAF, sell the stock ECU, no custom chip, and best of all no more being handcuffed to the tuner should you decide to change your combo.
DING DING DING

·
Registered
1,709 Posts

Or he could get a Moates QH and not be handcuffed to a tuner as well and its ok to run a lightning meter on 10lbs or less boost , but the newer style HPX slot meter with good piece of straight piping is best for turbo blow thru setup , megasquirt is nice as well but can be challenging to a novice to get installed , where as the QH is little easier to get up and running , there is nothing wrong with MAF setup if you get the right equipment , I hope to be doing a on3 kit sometime in Feb. and will probably do HPX meter on it and I am going to put a template on tune exchange site just for on3 kit , this should make it easier for the DIY guys to get a good baseline with the Moates QH

·
Registered
401 Posts
every were i called said blow thru ......... so i purchase the kit whit the blow thru from on 3!!! :)
Or he could get a Moates QH and not be handcuffed to a tuner as well and its ok to run a lightning meter on 10lbs or less boost , but the newer style HPX slot meter with good piece of straight piping is best for turbo blow thru setup , megasquirt is nice as well but can be challenging to a novice to get installed , where as the QH is little easier to get up and running , there is nothing wrong with MAF setup if you get the right equipment , I hope to be doing a on3 kit sometime in Feb. and will probably do HPX meter on it and I am going to put a template on tune exchange site just for on3 kit , this should make it easier for the DIY guys to get a good baseline with the Moates QH

·
Registered
525 Posts

·
Registered
1,274 Posts

x2

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Why run MAF if you dont need to? Also you dont need a tuner with Megasquirt, AND you can buy an assembled kit.

·
Authorized corral.net Advertiser
2,829 Posts
Sorry looks like most questions have been answered and hopefully you got ahold of us by now at the shop. I was out since Wednesday for the PRI show but Mike was still there all week so if he missed a call and you left a message, Im sure you talked with him. If not, pm me your contact info and we will get in touch first thing tomorrow

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
IMHO, if you're running a turbo setup, it's pointless to run a MAF. It's nothing but a restriction.
As long as the housing is the same size as the piping its not a restriction , the small amount of space the electronics take up inside the piping is not a restriction either

·
Registered
608 Posts

Kurgan recommend a lmaf to me. There's a bunch of turbo guys running them.

·
Registered
401 Posts
when u mean light combo as in 400-450 to the wheels!!! bec dont the peg out at 400 or so the lightning meter ????
on a mild combo with 10lbs or less its fine to run a LMAF

1 - 20 of 20 Posts