Ford Mustang Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone and everyone that has thought about going to SCT or considering buying SCT's products read on..................

I'll be open and honest up front and let everyone know that I'm pissed. I purchased SCT's Pro Racer package some time ago to do my own tuning on my car. As some of you know, I traded my GT for my Cobra and now get this, SCT wants $300 to change the code.

I realized that I would have to pay something, however, $300 to change a code? Seriously SCT what kind of business model is this? Seems like very unreasonable to me since the original software was $600+ already..... :shakehead

Looks like I'm going to abort the SCT software and find another solution.

Thanks SCT you've proven that you ultimately want to stick it to the customer!

Cheers,
Tim

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
I used to work for SCT and am not surprised. Do a search for what happened when their Mopar software was released for an eye opener.

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
wow i have a sct xcal thats good info to know. I have a gt and like you have looked at a cobra

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
on the x cal 2 you can only tune and detune a certain number of times after thats all used up you have to send it back and its like 70 to have it reset plus the shipping its bs if you ask me

·
Registered
417 Posts
Once again...Sniper FTW

·
Registered
7,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I used to work for SCT and am not surprised. Do a search for what happened when their Mopar software was released for an eye opener.
What happened to their mopar software?

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
i tried google search couldnt find anything

·
Registered
7,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Corral Charter Member
3,746 Posts

·
Authorized corral.net Advertiser
3,684 Posts
Anyone and everyone that has thought about going to SCT or considering buying SCT's products read on..................

I'll be open and honest up front and let everyone know that I'm pissed. I purchased SCT's Pro Racer package some time ago to do my own tuning on my car. As some of you know, I traded my GT for my Cobra and now get this, SCT wants $300 to change the code.

I realized that I would have to pay something, however, $300 to change a code? Seriously SCT what kind of business model is this? Seems like very unreasonable to me since the original software was $600+ already..... :shakehead

Looks like I'm going to abort the SCT software and find another solution.

Thanks SCT you've proven that you ultimately want to stick it to the customer!

Cheers,
Tim
Tim..

Do you understand the reasoning behind this?? If not, i could explain it to you. There are a few bad apples out there who have ruined it for people like you, but it was not SCT.

Who did you buy your PRP from?? I know that i take care of my customers on future purchases like different codes etc.. Did you ask the original dealer what they would charge you?

·
Registered
7,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Tim..

Do you understand the reasoning behind this?? If not, i could explain it to you. There are a few bad apples out there who have ruined it for people like you, but it was not SCT.

Who did you buy your PRP from?? I know that i take care of my customers on future purchases like different codes etc.. Did you ask the original dealer what they would charge you?
I bought the original PRP from Modulardepot but refuse to mess around with them any longer, then, checked with Justin ( I forget his shop name or whatever) about just getting the damn code for my current car since I no longer own the car. I have to look at the email but it was $300 or so which is outrageous ....

By the way, No I don't understand the reasoning for it. Seems to me that SCT has gotten too big to care about retaining customers?

·
Authorized corral.net Advertiser
3,684 Posts
I bought the original PRP from Modulardepot but refuse to mess around with them any longer, then, checked with Justin ( I forget his shop name or whatever) about just getting the damn code for my current car since I no longer own the car. I have to look at the email but it was $300 or so which is outrageous ....

By the way, No I don't understand the reasoning for it. Seems to me that SCT has gotten too big to care about retaining customers?
shoot me an email and ill explain... and ill see what i can do..

·
Registered
7,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
606 Posts
I understand totally. Somthing went wrong with my dongle, the thing smoked and dammaged my computer. 375 for computer repair. I called Sct to get a new dongle and they told me 50.00. for a new one. when It came they had charged my card 150 plus handling charge for it.

·
Registered
7,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I understand totally. Somthing went wrong with my dongle, the thing smoked and dammaged my computer. 375 for computer repair. I called Sct to get a new dongle and they told me 50.00. for a new one. when It came they had charged my card 150 plus handling charge for it.
That's not a good sign. :mad:

·
Registered
7,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.