Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who here has run the fastest times, with the least amount of mods? I am mainly talking to the guys who haven't done a head-swap, no blower and no nitrous, just the sh*tty flowing heads that they came with. I just want to see if I am up to par with fellow mod racers.

I am running for hp: home-made CAI, off-road h, and pulleys.
Suspension dept: Eibach lowering springs (those don't help one bit), Tockico prem shocks & struts (need to get the drag adj. tockicos), frame-connectors, HPM Sr uppers, HPM Jr lowers, and Steeda rear adj. sway-bar.
Driveline: factory clutch, factory t-45, alum driveshaft, Moser 28 spline axles, Pro 5.0 shifter, 3.73s and a borrowed set of Nitto 275/40/17 DRs.

I know that isn't much in the HP department, but that is what I am looking for. Who's the fastet with the least amount of mods? Especially hp bolt-ons.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Well...

Look at the times in the sig.. I also have a eibach pro kit on the car and the ait mod for the track...
Joe:joy:

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Good times...

I think I have spoke to you before. How are you launching? Side-step or what? I do a kind of smooth let out until I feel the car move then I let it out quicker until it's fully engaged.

What resistor are you using?

EDIT: Did you break your tranny and rear or something?

Edit #2: What does your car weigh? With you in it?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Well with 2.73 gears, MAC h-pipe, and MAC u/d pullies on street tires I ran a best of [email protected] in the 1/8th and [email protected] in the 1/4 both with 2.3 60fts.

I went ahead and put only 3.90 gears, JMS chip(maybe a 5hp gain w/ equal amount of tq) and a set of Nittos and ran a new best of [email protected] in the 1/8th with a 1.833 60ft. Haven't made it to a 1/4 track yet, but expect 13.5s.

I need to get her dyno'd, but doubt I am at 200 rwhp yet.

·
Registered
90 Posts
60' 1.948
1/8 9.21 @ 76.01
1/4 14.43 @ 96.36

this is on slicks what am i doing wrong???

·
Registered
72 Posts
Re: Good times...

96gts4.6L said:
I think I have spoke to you before. How are you launching? Side-step or what? I do a kind of smooth let out until I feel the car move then I let it out quicker until it's fully engaged.

What resistor are you using?

EDIT: Did you break your tranny and rear or something?

Edit #2: What does your car weigh? With you in it?

The 100k resistor as far as the ait mod goes. I am doing a good 6 to 8 sec burnout in first gear let of and let the tries pull me to the line. When I stage I bring it to 3500 to 4200 depending on the track and let the clutch out quickly but not a dump.

I have the orginal transmission replaced after it started the 4 gear pop out and reverse grinding. Then I have the newer style tremec (not the 3650) but the tremec t-45. I have gone through two 3 to 4 shfit forks in the trans. The rear end was all the bearings were bad in the car so they did the entire rear end new carrier and all new read brakes with the e brake fix. They also put in the 3.73 gears for me at the same time since the old gears were shot.
Joe:D

Weight with me in it is 3270. Depends on the fuel level in the car but under 3300 with me.

Also all shifts are done with the monster tach set at 5200. I never shift any higher in any gear except mabie 1st. Sometimes I shift at 5400 in first but never highter in any other gears....

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sounds like some of you guys might be in some high asz elevation!

bobn: Man, what's wrong with your car? Maybe a tune up or just some practice is in order. What kind of tires are you on?

midnghtrn: Your car is light as hell. What kind of weight reduction have you done? I haven't done any, except for taking out my spare, jack, and speaker box at the track.

tooley: Launch harder, get that 60' down, b/c your mph is in the same range as mine, and that should put you in the low 14's, at least.

98MODMTR: I wouldn't expect 13.5's out of her yet. Unless you have lightened her up a sh*t load, or you are just a bad asz driver. The best 1/8th that I got was 8.8xx and that is what you said yours is. I wouldn't expect more than around the 13.7xx range.

Good times guys, glad to see that some of you actually do race the underdog modular stangs. :D :) :D

·
Registered
45 Posts
Man, my car is a slug compared to you guys, my best (only 7 passes) is a 15.375 @ 90.xx with a 2.2x 60'. Yeah, it's an auto, vert but still slow as crap. How can I get quicker witout heads, intake, etc..??:confused:

·
Registered
470 Posts
GtStangRcr said:
Man, my car is a slug compared to you guys, my best (only 7 passes) is a 15.375 @ 90.xx with a 2.2x 60'. Yeah, it's an auto, vert but still slow as crap. How can I get quicker witout heads, intake, etc..??:confused:
GtStangRcr: It looks like you'll either have to go Nitrous, blower, turbo or headswap. Without one of these options you will not be able to really improve HP. Sure, you'll get a few ponies out of bolt-ons, but not that much. Save up for one of the above.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
GtStangRcr said:
Do you have gears yet? Definitely get some 3.73s and a shift kit to get that lazy auto shifting quicker. Also you might try some weight reduction and some sticky track tires.

Other than that I say practice, practice, practice. I probably have close to 150 passes at Houston Raceway.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I went 14.63 @ 93 on street tires and getting no traction with only a bassani catted X. Car was completely loaded with spare tire, 3/4 tank of gas, my 220 lb fatass, etc. etc.
I just put in 3.73s and pulleys last week. I'm hoping with a better launch and the new mods I can get some low 14s, and maybe with some drag radials creep into the 13s.

·
Registered
90 Posts
96gts4.6L

I was leaving the line at about 4200rpm but im kinda scared im gonna break somethin. I'm gettin ready to order axles, underdrive pulleys and timing adjuster with these mods and a better 60' what do u think the max i will get out of my car before spendin the big bucks?? Do you think mass air meter or throttle body will help out any what about adjustable fuel pressure reg.
Any other bolt ons you can think of that i dont have that will make me faster besides NOS,Blower,Headswap or turbos??
Wanna make it as fast as i can with the little stuff.
I had a mac prochamber on my car and when i would let it idle for about 5 to 10 min it would puff out some smoke. now with the h pipe it dosnt do that anymore. [email protected] was with broken stock motor mounts and pro chamber. havent ran it yet with h pipe or soild motor mounts. Any suggestions from anyone would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
90 Posts
ttt

Can anyone help me out???

·
Registered
42 Posts
your 60' is good, with some practice and more confidence after you udgrade your rear it should come down a bit more.
It could be either your shift points or your shifting. Don't redline, get to about 5200-5300. With 4.10s you should be well into 4th by the end. My advice would be to work on your shifting, it can make a BIG difference.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Tooley said:
96gts4.6L

I was leaving the line at about 4200rpm but im kinda scared im gonna break somethin. I'm gettin ready to order axles, underdrive pulleys and timing adjuster with these mods and a better 60' what do u think the max i will get out of my car before spendin the big bucks?? Do you think mass air meter or throttle body will help out any what about adjustable fuel pressure reg.
Any other bolt ons you can think of that i dont have that will make me faster besides NOS,Blower,Headswap or turbos??
Wanna make it as fast as i can with the little stuff.
I had a mac prochamber on my car and when i would let it idle for about 5 to 10 min it would puff out some smoke. now with the h pipe it dosnt do that anymore. [email protected] was with broken stock motor mounts and pro chamber. havent ran it yet with h pipe or soild motor mounts. Any suggestions from anyone would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the info anyone else have any ideas?

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Get some axles before you go back to the track, and go with 31 spline. I have heard too many guys say that they have broken 28 spline Moser's with just DR's.

As for hp, don't get a TB or a MAF, not worth the money right now. You could get an adj. fuel pres reg, but that really isn't worth it on a stock car either. I failed to mention ealier that I gutted my stock MAF, not that it helped any, but every bit counts, right. ;)

Have you done any suspension work? Upper or lower control arms? Any weight reduction?

BTW, just to be safe since I have 28 spline Moser's, I will be getting a diff cover with a main cap girdle, just for peace of mind.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Nope as of now no suspension mods and as for weight no reduction hell there isnt much more to take out. (no power windows, locks anything luxurious) what about pulleys and tming adjuster? I was thinking Steeda Pulleys and Steeda Timing adjuster. On the axles I dont know if im ready to change it over to 31 spline right now you dont think 28 will be strong enought??
The other day after I went to the track i changed my back brakes and with the calipers and rotors off i held a screw driver against the dust sheild to check the axles and there was a little play in there. ( I put it in first gear and let it run) it would hit the screw driver a bit could my axles be bent?? I was running 26x10 ET Drags I think that was the size. Whats your opinion if im wearin ya out with questions just let me know. I have only ran my car at the track may 10 passes and i just want to improve. let me know Thanks Jimmy T

1 - 20 of 31 Posts