Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I'm almost ready to do my turbo install however I want to change my headbolts and hedgaskets so I was wondering what everybody is using? If you can help me with part numbers...also car is a fox body with original 302...

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Fel pro 9333 pt1 is what most use with iron heads. That's just what I have read, I don't have experience with them.......yet. That's what I will be running
Also, I would go ahead and get ARP head studs not bolts

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
How much boost are you planning to run?

How many miles on your engine now?

Might not be a bad idea to run em as is and change the gaskets and add studs if you blow a HG.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How much boost are you planning to run?

How many miles on your engine now?

Might not be a bad idea to run em as is and change the gaskets and add studs if you blow a HG.
Around 120k on engine... well I was thinking of around 10-13lbs on a t76

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fel pro 9333 pt1 is what most use with iron heads. That's just what I have read, I don't have experience with them.......yet. That's what I will be running
Also, I would go ahead and get ARP head studs not bolts
Awesome i'll research on that and yeah I meant to say studs also anybody know the part number for the arp headstuds?

·
Registered
299 Posts
T76 is a little big for a stock motor but you can grow into it. Just hope your Exhaust AR is low.

studs and 9333's are the way to go!

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Also 8548 pt-2 head gaskets will work. People run over 10psi on these gaskets with no issues. Keep in mind to use a trusted TQ wrench while installing and TQ to the proper spec. Improper installation of head gaskets is a reason as to why the blow sometimes.

·
Registered
156 Posts
9333pt1 and arp studs 11psi

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
9333pt1 and ARP head studs as well.. 14 PSI. Heads were also milled flat about 5-6 thousands to keep them straight. That helps a lot on iron heads.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts