Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Glenn said:
Knowing a little more about your car would help. Are the springs stock? If not what is the spring rate? If you are looking to upgrade there are much better dampers available than the standard gas Tokicos.
Per your request:

Suspension Modifications:
Solid axle conversion*
Pro3i tubular steel lower control arms (with 3 piece delrin/urethane bushings)
Modified/reinforced stock upper control arms
Eibach performance springs (1.25” lowered) (with urethane offset steering rack bushings)*
Eibach Anti-roll kit*
Maximum Motorsports Full length subframe connectors
Steeda two point chromoloy strut tower brace*
Rigid two point aluminum rear strut tower brace
poly bushings all the way around

more than you needed, but a clearer picture. You mentioned better dampers...such as? (Koni, bilstein etc?) better yes, more costly? most likely...like double... I'm just trying to balance the scales (so to speak). The whole performance/value thing...

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
I agree with Han Solo, with the upgraded springs and ASB's you need a better damper. The Tokico Illuminas would be my budget choice and would work well with the Eibach springs. I would really recommend Bilsteins if a spring upgade was ever a possibility and even with the rather soft Eibachs they would work very well.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
blacksnake305 said:
I'm just trying to balance the scales (so to speak). The whole performance/value thing...
Keep in mind that if you still plan on going coil-over in the future, the Tokico's may not work. So, you will spend money twice.

I just hate spending money twice on the same thing. Drives me nuts. :idunno:

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
serpentnoir said:
Keep in mind that if you still plan on going coil-over in the future, the Tokico's may not work. So, you will spend money twice.

I just hate spending money twice on the same thing. Drives me nuts. :idunno:
agreed

·
Registered
6,902 Posts
You might as well spring for the Bilsteins. They'll work with what you have now, and you can use 'em if you go coilover later on. However, you'll need to get the rears grooved (at least for MM's C/O), so you might as well have that done before you put them on the car--so you don't have to pull them to send them out for machining later.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts