Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw an ad on ebay with the below statement, but I'm not sure this is accurate;

"These are the more desirable 99-04 SN95 spindles that will clear the later model and superior 2 piston PBR brake caliper without modification. The later spindles also have flatter steering arms which gives you better bump steer geometry for lowered cars and do not require a bump steer correction kit like the 94-95 spindles do.

These spindles are what you need for your 79-93 Fox body to convert to five lugs and/or superior 1994-2004 brakes, including 13" Cobra brakes.
"

What do the suspension gurus say?

Thanks for any input

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
If you have the single-piston calipers, you'd probly PREFER the 94/95 spindles since they will not push your rims out too far.

If you want the dual piston PBR's, you can grind the 94/95's to fit, or just bolt them on with these spindles - but it pushes your front tires out a little more.

Not a big deal if your running a narrow rim up front... there are pro's/con's to each. I have 99's on my 'Vert with Cobra brakes, and 94's on the coupe with single-pistons. Again, it depends on what your doing with wheels/tires.

·
Super Moderator
27,653 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts