Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it an easy install? Getting it considerably cheaper than a brembo setup. Thanks.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Install is easy, just make sure you have the install shims to properly locate the caliper over the rotor. Rotors on the otherhand are difficult (impossible?) to get without going to Coleman and getting them made to order.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I believe they're 13 inch. They're direct from Saleen. I picked them up today for 600. Came with the calipers, pads, slotted rotors, stainless hoses, rear brake upgrade to 13 inch with rotors and relocation brackets.

·
Registered
7,633 Posts
that sounds like an awesome deal

been looking for those to match my saleen lemans wheels

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'd been looking to upgrade to four pots for a loong time and found the right deal to do so. I can also sell my cobra calipers, rotors, and hawk pads to offset the cost. I'll try to take pics and post em up this week.

·
US Army Active Duty
2,433 Posts
I ran them on my 94 before I sold it, they were great. I simply ran my stock 11.65" vented rear rotors, I saw no reason to change them. I also didn't change the bias or the master cylinder, I like to be able to modulate well rather than have a rock hard pedal. With Ferodo DS2500 pads front and PFC rears I didn't have any big issues with locking the fronts at autocross, with the PBR's the car was a little tail happy under braking.

Measure the rotors and the spacers before you install, write everything down. I didn't write it down, but I did find a Wilwood hat that would have fit 2 piece rotors with the Alcon B Type caliper bolted directly to the spindle, the initial cost would be a little high but replacement friction discs would have been affordable that way, rather than $1100 per pair for rotors from Alcon. Yours may space differently too, I looked at an 02 Saleen with Alcons and it was much different, it looked like it was using a similar offset to a Cobra rotor. My setup was actually made with Explorer XP8 calipers.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I believe they're 13 inch. They're direct from Saleen. I picked them up today for 600. Came with the calipers, pads, slotted rotors, stainless hoses, rear brake upgrade to 13 inch with rotors and relocation brackets.
Not that I need brakes, but can you send a link for that. For that price I will buy them and put them on the shelf for spars.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Figured out that I don't have the saleen alcons. They're saleen Brembos(shiny calipers and lettering). Which pads and rotors would work for this setup? I want the hps pads I had on my last setup. I think I could use cobra rotors but need someone with expertise to chime in.

·
Registered
7,633 Posts
isn't that essentially identical to the 00R setup?

·
Registered
216 Posts
If the caliper has the mounting tags cast into them then they are probably 00R Brembo calipers and you can use stock 13" cobra rotors. If there is a mounting bracket and the caliper bolts to it then you have Alcons or AP calipers (Saleen used both). Do you have any pics?

Jim

1 - 12 of 12 Posts