Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I own a 2000 Mustang GT Convertible, only power mods are Pypes ORX, Welded in Flowmasters and a K&N drop in. Car also is dropped 2inches on H&R's and has 18'' Chrome Saleens, 18x9 w/275 up front and 18x10.5 w/335 out back.

Recent trip to the dragstrip netted me a best of [email protected], w/a 2.2028 60ft. Best MPH was 100.43 on a 14.74 pass w/a 2.56 60ft. Majority of passes were in the 14.3-14.5 region with 2.3 and 2.4 60ft's.

Is this a reasonable time for this car? I was thinking I should go 13.9 but I know I have street tires+dropped suspension working against me.

Since that track day I've added a new clutch (FMS HD) and SFC's. Thinking about pulling the front sway for the next track day.

Should these items plus more seat time net me the 13's I seek or is something amiss?

·
Registered
45 Posts
take you seats out and put some dr's on it and you should hit 13's. Sounds like your spinning a lot off the line. Nice trap speeds though. I ran a 13.1 with a 1.80 60ft and 103 mph trap speed with a 2000 gt motor in my car, 4.10 gears and drs. But I've got a build motor with comp cams.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Times look pretty good. I wouldnt take out seats and that. 13s are in your grasp just by getting lighter rims and a Drag radial.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok so my times aren't that off base then? I was going to add an intake plenum, tb and JLT CAI, but part of me wants to see how fast I can get it with the mods I have, plus I dont think my driving is the greatest.

I guess I should look into putting DR's on the stock 5 stars and see if i can get a 1.x 60ft, which should get me my desired e.t.

·
Registered
188 Posts
You need to start with a good DR (MT, Hoosier, M&H) or slick if you want to run good #'s at the track. Dropping the front sway will help. The more weight you drop the faster you will go - spare tire, jack, seats, etc. You should be able to pull high 13's with a good tire alone.

·
Registered
7,142 Posts
Your times are decent for having a heavy vert, and running very heavy wheels and tires.

You know that an 10.5" wheel with a 335 tire on it, weighs about 58-60lbs?

Good job on the driving. Don't even bother going to the track on street rubber, no matter how wide. Get some Drag radials or a real DOT based slick on a set of garbage wheels, and run those when you go to the track. Turn your 2.2-2.4 short times, into 1.7-1.9 short times, and pick up 3-9 tenths.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea, I'm going to invest in some M/T 275/40/17 ET Streets for my spare set of Cobra Rs, as well as see if I can drop a few pounds off the pig.

·
Registered
563 Posts
You need to start with a good DR (MT, Hoosier, M&H) or slick if you want to run good #'s at the track..
+1
tires are the best money spent

1 - 9 of 9 Posts