Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
27,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stock replacement at best, and that's a stretch. They're better than nothing but near the bottom end as far as control and longevity goes.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I have a chance to trade some extra stuff I have for some suspension I need to replace on my worn out fairmont. What I would be getting would be some steeda sportlines, and kyb gr-2 shocks and struts. are these any good for a more auto-x style suspension set-up? any personal experiences?

·
Registered
307 Posts
i run ford c springs and kyb gr-2's car handles like crap,even after alignment,bump-steer corection,strut brace and cc plate's yada yada. i'm going with something else in the spring.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I've had 'em since they first came out -- matched with Eibach Prokits. They are "just OK" on full hard for auto-x use, and kinda crappy for open-track use. They suck on the street. More it's the rear shocks that really suck. The struts are again "just OK."
My other Stang has the Eibachs with the non-adj Tokicos and I like that setup a lot better.
Bottom line is I would not buy them again.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
i was given some brand new gr2 front struts and rear shocks and quad shocks and i was planning on putting them on my 88 gt convert with full length mm subframes and rear upper and lower control arms is this gonna make my car handle and ride okay? its all 100k mile stock stuff on there now or should i get some better front struts or what should i do?

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
88GT If there free and you already have them, then put them on. All these guys are saying is that they are basically a stock performance replacement unit, so dont expect miracles. I am sure you will see an improvment over your 100k mile stockers.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
yea thats what i was thinking but i was lookin at koni specials or whatever they are for the front struts or kyb agx ones what would be the best for my 88 vert if i wanted somehting better than kyb?

thanks

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
im thinking about those kyb agx adjustabes would those be good for my front struts on my 88 gt convertible for a car thats gonna be a daily spring driver or are they no good?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts