Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currantly have a t5 in my car but I keep having issues with the transmission or the clutch so I'm swapping to a c4 but I have 308's in my car but I'm only running 25" tall tires do you guys think ill be ok with the 308's? And how big of a stall converter should I run my car builds 3psi on my two step at 3700 but I'm not sure if foot braking will put more of a load on the motor and build boost at a lower rpm or not any input would be great thanks

·
Formerly eades5.0
4,716 Posts
Try the 3.08s out and see how you like them, you may beni from a 3.27/3.55. I would also give the converter a shot also, get some info at the track and then we can likely help alot more. See what rpm you go thru the traps at etc. You wont make as much boost if any on the footbrake, the 2 step and/or transbrake is the way to go.

What tire?

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Try the 3.08s out and see how you like them, you may beni from a 3.27/3.55. I would also give the converter a shot also, get some info at the track and then we can likely help alot more. See what rpm you go thru the traps at etc. You wont make as much boost if any on the footbrake, the 2 step and/or transbrake is the way to go.

What tire?
I'm running M/T et srteet radials 275 40 17's, thanks for the feedback

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
It seems like itd be a killer street combo though

·
Registered
942 Posts
see Matt, listen to 4jenna, get some ET / TRACK TIMES!!! meaning, get that c-4 swap done so it's ready for the 29th!!!!! :)

·
Registered
691 Posts
some feel that the 3.08s in a full weight mustang will be much harder on an already weak C4 than a 3.27 would. (Lenny at UCC has stated this many times) I say try it anyway and see how it works.

If its not to late, consider a TH400 instead. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts