·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
93 notch,
2800# curb wt.
3000-3150 fully loaded.
rear is gutted, fg trunk, trunk mount battery

Not looking to race it, just have a low statics drop with no rub.

Does anyone with experience know the approx weight distribution of a similar setup? Just calculating the necessary spring rate

this guy's suspension tightnes up super nice, not much travel in it at all, just hook squat go. i know its coilovers, but can a similar effect be acheived with a conventional well matched spring and damper?

·
Super Moderator
27,657 Posts
From the factory, a 5.0 5-speed notch had 60 Front 40 rear distribution. 1796 in the front, 1214 in the rear.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Here's pics of scales from when I weighed my car (92 notchback, iron heads) last year. It was in "race" trim at TWS although it's still technically a street car (stereo, heater core, dash, heavy harness bar, 17*9s with 275s, panhard bar, short torque arm, etc., but sound deadening is removed, has aluminum flywheel and driveshaft, has ultrashield racing seat and no passenger seat, battery in rear passenger seat buttwell, etc.).

~2975 without me in her (scales fluctuated a touch due to wind or not quite flat ground). I may strip the #### out of her this spring and commence the CMC2 transformation. Debating it as I don't have any other vehicle (but I don't need one in Boston, I just need a way to get her to the track and auto-xes).

42% rear.

With me in it with helmet. I need to lose some weight.

·
Registered
806 Posts
My car weighed 3050 on the scale. With me well........and another 250-260.
That's with a 302, k member kit ( a arms and springs with a fiberglass hood )

Now the car has a 351w and a turbo kit. I will weigh it soon

1 - 4 of 4 Posts