Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i completely stripped my factory harnesses this year and removed every unused harness back to the panel or ecu. (no im not worried about resale im building this car for me) ive removed all smog hvac etc from my car and pulled all the harnesses as im not one for things being in a car that serve no purpose and wanted to clean up my wiring as much as possible. that being said when hooking all the harness up i accidentely had grounded out a wire (with factory fuse link installed)...when i hooked up the battery i had heard some clicking from the computer area and realized what happened and fixed it...car fired up and idled and ran smooth no issues. later my wideband started reading rich at WOT and only at WOT. wideband was great at idle and cruise and car ran smooth... cleaned my wideband sensor then reading were all over. i plan to get a new sensor but wondering if there is anyway to determine if chip was messed up or computer? car is down for now due to a blown headgasket so trying to see what else i should look into.

thanks

·
Registered
23,232 Posts
what wire exactly?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts